weightloss with only walking??

Options
So, I got a treadmill and I love it so I'm just wondering how many of you have lost weight by walking on a treadmill and how long did it take you, I still need to lose about 55-60 more pounds, I'm also wanting to do strength training too I want my body to look good and toned as well as skinny :-) So, do any of you have success stories?? Pics are a plus it gives me so much motivation to see others pics after they have lost the weight

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Lost most of my weight by walking, recently I have added weights. Good luck. :happy:
  • mclahey
    mclahey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs walking on treadmill only over 8-10 months...
  • rustvaar
    rustvaar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Four months, 57 lbs so far.
    I walk two miles to and from work, five days a week and walk about three-and-a-half miles every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the gym with a 12% incline. I've recently started increasing this since about late February.

All in I walk about thirty miles a week with twenty of that being a leisurely pace where I don't break a sweat.

This, alongside a sensible diet, has been the key to my success.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I just started walking on the treadmill (3.7 mph for about 35-45 min). But I will start strength training tomorrow. Although "eat less, move more" will work with only walking, I want to kick it up a bit with the strength training.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes. I started walking and lost a lot of weight that way. It is still one of my favs. But at some point I wanted to start running which seemed crazy even to me. I completed c25k and ran a 5k on Thanksgiving and looking for more. I shared my story recently on the forum - here is the link. I lost 106 lbs and am less than 5 from goal and most of it was from walking and eating healthy. Diet is sooooo important in this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/920139-lost-over-106-lbs-and-almost-to-goal-weight-pics

Good luck!!!!

Edited to add: On the treadmill switch it up a little with mph/incline :)
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind - exercise to get fit, eat at a deficit to lose weight. The way you burn your calories makes no difference so long as you maintain a calorie deficit. You can lose all the weight you want without exercising at all and just tracking calories.
  • mblewis13
    mblewis13 Posts: 37
    Options
    My exercise is walking. I also got a treadmill for when the weather is poor. I kept my calorie intake lower than my burn and lost my weight in just a few months. Now I still walk and just eat a balance to maintain my weight. Works great!
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Add me to the group who has lost weight through walking. I am down 49 lbs from 4 years ago. I averaged about 20 lbs over the first couple of years and have been struggling for the last 2 years so I joined MFP. Last summer, I went on a cruise and gained 12 lbs so I had to get serious about counting calories. I have lost the 12 and a few more but the remaining 6 lbs is sure taking a long time. I know I will get there eventually.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My main exercise is walking on the treadmill 6 days a week or 60-70 minutes. Probably about 4 months ago I added in Pilates for 20 minutes 3x a week, and about 2 months ago I began some upper body strength training for 20 minutes 3x a week. I do the extra exercises for core strength and toning (Pilates for core and all over toning; strength training to get rid of my flabby arms and back,)
    You could certainly lse all your wight walking, in my opinion.
  • sjoytomasi
    Options
    Good post.... This is what my Dr. says... :)
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Walking has been my primary source of exercise. I use the treadmill daily, Can't wait for the weather to get nicer to get more walks in outside!

I've lost my weight by walking and tracking everything going in the mouth. ;)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    All of my weight from my previous pregnancies were from walking. Over 300 pounds worth. It is possible. Working on my last pregnancy weight just by low impact walking.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When my mom was dedicated she lost 20lbs using just her treadmill or going for walks outside. :)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Just keep moving! With that make good eating choices and habbits!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have lost my first 40lbs by doing leslie sansone. :D Love.
  • marcuscross104
    marcuscross104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing this since Feb. 1st, but I am down 9 pounds as of today!

I do Leslie Samsone "Walk Away The Pounds" {2 mile}, 30 min. walk everyday!
  • Dallyhi
    Dallyhi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've lost all of my weight entirely walking, not on a treadmill mind, out in the great outdoors, rain or shine, wind, snow and hail. A treadmill would have been most welcome on the wind warning day of which we are under for the next few days! Get walking, watch your intake and you will succeed.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ibadkitteh
    Options
    walking toned my flabby thighs and i lost 2 size in my dress. Love it!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I lost most of my weight walking in the beginning. I then switched to dance classes at the gym and lost the remaining ten. I have tried everything under the sun in the past as I am the type who gains, loses, gains, loses.

The ONLY thing that has EVER worked for me is walking, walking, walking.

Val Bertinelli lost her weight walking only (with her diet). She only started weight training afterward for her model shoot for advertising.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    excercise is excercise. walking is great because you can vary speed, duration, and location to suit you. I like to powerwalk to a place, spend time wandering around it, and powerwalk back :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!