The week screw-up

Options
I started out entering my freshman year in college at around 154lbs at 5'5" with a medium frame.
Thinking that I have developed good habits, I get discouraged when I go home for breaks and eat like I've been starving.
This last week was Spring break...
Before this last week I had weighed in at 134lbs...
I came back from break at 140lbs :(

I was suppose to (by calculation), weigh 132lbs on March 6th :'(

Pretty discouraging.

Replies

• cindygretz
    Options
    Don't let this discourage you. You took a break, you enjoyed your time at home, now it's time to get back to work.

Don't let food and exercise and your weight rule your life. Yes, we want to be healthy and THIN but what good is that if that's all our life is? So you gained a few pounds, so what?

A group of girls I work with had a "Girls day out" yesterday. We spent all day shopping and EATING. I took the day and enjoyed myself... Lobster with real butter, shrimp scampi, all the good stuff. After we spent 6 hours a way too much money at the mall we hit Dairy Queen. I could have ordered a lite smoothie, but this was a special day. I got a Chocolate covered strawberry waffle bowl. Today I was back on track with my "7 almonds and 18g of raisins" at break :)

Live your life. Yes, let the changes you are making be part of your life, not rule it.

Also... you might want to examine why you eat that way when you go home. Eating some feelings?
  • kelp99
    kelp99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out! Unless you ate 20,000+ calories in one week, it's probably only water weight. Increase your water intake and get back on track and the number should drop.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How far is home?

How much sodium were you eating?

Both travel and sodium can lead to water retention, you may well lose a big chunk by the end of this week!

I, on the other hand, stayed home for Spring break, doing two workouts a day and eating 1500 calories a day and am up two pounds, so there is no accounting for the scale.
  • mvanwisse
    Options

Also... you might want to examine why you eat that way when you go home. Eating some feelings?

This is a great question to ask oneself. My feelings about food, eating, etc are so wrapped up in my feelings about my mother. When I was in college, I found when I went home, my first move was to go to the kitchen, fridge, etc to see what there was to eat. I once caught myself staring at the pantry with my coat still on......
  • concordancia
    Options

This is a great question to ask oneself. My feelings about food, eating, etc are so wrapped up in my feelings about my mother. When I was in college, I found when I went home, my first move was to go to the kitchen, fridge, etc to see what there was to eat. I once caught myself staring at the pantry with my coat still on......

I do the opposite of what the offending parent would do. If Mom pushes my buttons, I go work out. If Dad pushes my buttons, I reach for candy.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I really doubt that is actual fat you are carrying after just one week. Just get back on track and it will clear up over the next month.

PS - In passing it looked like you had a feesack on in that picture. I see it's a cup, which still makes it a bit odd. lol.
  • swagoner94
    swagoner94 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How far is home?

Both travel and sodium can lead to water retention, you may well lose a big chunk by the end of this week!

I, on the other hand, stayed home for Spring break, doing two workouts a day and eating 1500 calories a day and am up two pounds, so there is no accounting for the scale.

home is 8-10 hours away driving.
  • concordancia
    Options
    How far is home?

home is 8-10 hours away driving.

Yeah, I wouldn't even be able to see my ankle bones I would be retaining so much water. I know, because I do a long drive several times a year.
  • swagoner94
    swagoner94 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I really doubt that is actual fat you are carrying after just one week. Just get back on track and it will clear up over the next month.

PS - In passing it looked like you had a feesack on in that picture. I see it's a cup, which still makes it a bit odd. lol.

hahaha I'm not sure why I did that. Better?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    lol. It was a cute picture, but yes. Great picture. :)

Cheers.