introducing myself...

Options
Hi, everyone! I logged into this site several months ago. I just didn't have the motivation to continue doing it. I don't know if maybe I wasn't ready or what. I never introduced myself. Well, here I am back again and this time I am introducing myself. I am here because I want to lead a healthier life and become fit. I have found that the tools on this site are very useful and I've kept up with logging my food and exercise for the past week. For me, I think that's an accomplishment. I just hope that I don't run out of fire too soon. I have a tendency to get all excited about stuff and then to lose interest quickly. I started the C25K training program last week and so far I've managed to sort of keep up. I am hoping that I can finish the program and be able to do the running portion of the duathlon without any issues. Note: I haven't signed up for the duathlon yet. I'm still kind of on the fence about it. I figured I'd give it a few more weeks of training and then go from there.

I look forward to hearing about everyone's journeys.

Replies

• emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    glad to have ya here, see you already lost 12lbs :flowerforyou: congradulations, I really like this sight, motivates me to exercise more, plus eat healthier Good luck on reaching your goal. You can do it, dont be a quiter! This is a life style change, not a diet, soon it will become second nature to eating. You can eat almost anything you want, but alter the foods to make it more healthy.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I did the same thing you did several months ago...came on here, didn't do anything, but now I'm addicted. I think you should sign yourself up for motivation to DO IT! I signed myself up for a 1/3 marathon for next January, and I'm just starting to jog. It's going to be hard but you just have to push and I think it's good to have a big goal - just make sure you have small steps inbetween.
  • norcalgrl
    Options
    glad to have ya here, see you already lost 12lbs :flowerforyou: congradulations, I really like this sight, motivates me to exercise more, plus eat healthier Good luck on reaching your goal. You can do it, dont be a quiter! This is a life style change, not a diet, soon it will become second nature to eating. You can eat almost anything you want, but alter the foods to make it more healthy.

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback :)
  • norcalgrl
    Options
    Welcome! I did the same thing you did several months ago...came on here, didn't do anything, but now I'm addicted. I think you should sign yourself up for motivation to DO IT! I signed myself up for a 1/3 marathon for next January, and I'm just starting to jog. It's going to be hard but you just have to push and I think it's good to have a big goal - just make sure you have small steps inbetween.

I think I'm just not ready to make that commitment since it includes the registration fee. I'm hoping that the next few weeks will provide with the feedback to know if the duathlon is too big of a goal. I appreciate the encouragement and feedback.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I live in Northern California too. I love this site and I find the support so helpful. :flowerforyou: