What do you eat when you have cals left?

Options

Replies

• emarose90
    emarose90 Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I thought nuts would be a good place to start but you've given me some other ideas ^.^ I don't necessarily need filling up as such - just that I don't want to miss 500 calories and then be no where near my goal.. Thus making this last bit of weight even harder to shift! I hope this makes sense.

Please no one else say peanut butter though - I can't stand the stuff!!! :laugh: xx
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    On an individual day, I don't worry about it. If it becomes a habit, I try to start working extras in throughput the day. I love to add a handful of pistachios to my banana snack or a couple tbsp PB or cheese with my apple, almonds or Greek yogurt with strawberries, cheese with grapes...

Between the fact that I don't know what kind of protein goes with oranges and my partner picks the biggest ones in the store, I don't eat oranges very often.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter, but have recently tried the pb that you grind yourself at Whole Foods, yummy, divine! Especially the mixed nuts one. They have small containers to try the different flavors.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I always go for wine and gelato to fill up my last calories. Hasn't hurt my weight loss a bit :)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I like nuts, veggies in olive oil, beans, dried fruits, and my favorite is hot (boneless) wings! A handful of almonds is almost enough.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Poptarts and ice cream.

Too soon?
  • emarose90
    emarose90 Posts: 52
    Options
    I always go for wine and gelato to fill up my last calories. Hasn't hurt my weight loss a bit :)

I particularly like this answer :drinker:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Dip Poptarts in ice cream...
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Poptarts and ice cream.

Too soon?

Beat me to it :drinker:
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Peanuts...
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Sounds like my Friday nights :) maybe Saturdays as well.......
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cheese and crackers here.
  • jtmurph7
    jtmurph7 Posts: 83
    Options
    Cheese and crackers here.

To go with the Wine!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wine. Dessert.
  • jordanalexis90
    jordanalexis90 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I go for Greek yogurt. I like to add in pb and bananas and even some chocolate chips if I have the room! Yum!
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter, nuts, cheese, honey (just ate most of them because I had some calories left).
  • FitnessLondon2013
    Options
    Poptarts and ice cream.

Too soon?

THIS! :-) or Peanut butter on some crackers & banana if i’m feeling nutritious.. :wink: :laugh:
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    yogurt, protien bar, protien shake. Something low in fat and high in protien
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem recently, and I've found that adding one more snack earlier in the day is helpful to close the gap. That way, there's no major deficit to be filled in the evening.

But when, for instance, I do a more intense workout and suddenly find myself still 500 cals under, I'll do something like take a piece of deli meat, get some cheese, avocado, and maybe some mustard, and roll it up like a wrap. Or you could do a lettuce wrap with a smaller portion of your favorite sandwich items.

My meat-cheese-avocado wrap is usually around 150-180 cals, depending on what kind of meat I use. You could have two of those for about 300-350 cals.

PB and fruit is always nice--or just PB on its own!

Nuts, yogurt, or cottage cheese are other nice options. Or a glass of wine...
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!

Yes,out of the jar with the spoon.Yum yum!!