I have a question

futuredispatchhottie911
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I sometimes wi at night just to compare and for some reason I always weigh less at night. I work normal hours so I don't understand does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Most people weigh less in the morning, but when you are recording your weight, it is best to do it at the same time of day each time in order to get a more accurate picture of your progress. I know of one person on here who weighed in the morning, after using the restroom and before eating or drinking anything, and again at night just before bed. She did what felt comfortable for her.

I usually do the morning thing, and since I always weigh more at the end of the day, I don't bother with doing then. I count my weigh ins once a week on the same day to decide whether the ticker gets moved or not.

Good luck.
  • Please don't torture yourself by weighing so frequently. I know some people say it keeps them on track, but I find for most, it only torments them. They begin questioning their every bite, movement or lack of, to determine why the scale says they are 1lb heavier than they were 30 minutes ago.

I feel strongly that to overcome our issues, we need to not let the "number" dictate who we are, how we feel, and take away from great accomplishments we may have had between WIs.

Pick a day of the week, time of day and make that your check in.

Just my opinion...MFP daily weighers, don't hurt me! :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.