Feeling full for a longer period of time

What do you do to stay feeling full for longer periods of time?......Aside from eating fiber, lean proteins, protein drinks/bars and the like. I am interested in hearing other people's strategies on this topic. Care to share?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    I drink lots of water, go over my protein and fiber goals and ensure I get lots of good fats in my diet.
  • ^^^ Good advice, but for some reason protein actually makes me (not everybody just me) hungrier..I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I've always had success feeling fuller longer simply by eating less. I'm not sure but I believe that as you eat less over time you eventually decrease your stomach's capacity and thus will feel fuller from a meal of the same or smaller size you may have had when you ate regularly.
  • JuiceBars
    JuiceBars Posts: 78 Member
    That's interesting... wish it worked like that for me too!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    ^^^ Good advice, but for some reason protein actually makes me (not everybody just me) hungrier..I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I've always had success feeling fuller longer simply by eating less. I'm not sure but I believe that as you eat less over time you eventually decrease your stomach's capacity and thus will feel fuller from a meal of the same or smaller size you may have had when you ate regularly.

I have found combining protein with a good carb and healthy fats help.
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    What do you do to stay feeling full for longer periods of time?......Aside from eating fiber, lean proteins, protein drinks/bars and the like. I am interested in hearing other people's strategies on this topic. Care to share?

Feel free to look at my diary. I average 1,350 calories a day and I'm rarely hungry.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    I'm a low carb eater, have been for years. Everything I eat fills me up really well. I eat my planned meals and I don't get hungry. I guess not worrying with pasta, bread, potatoes, and sweets, I don't have those cravings that make me feel like I need to eat when I'm not hungry.
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    ^^^ Good advice, but for some reason protein actually makes me (not everybody just me) hungrier..I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I have found combining protein with a good carb and healthy fats help.

A dietitian tol dme exactly this! your snack should mix a carb and a protein. the carb fills you up right away and you are hungry again quickly, and the protein takes longer for your body to digest and make you feel full. When you eat them together it makes the fullness last because after you come down off of the carbs, the steady digestion of the protein keeps you full. South Beach diet embraces this idea too (not that I condone 'diets' as opposed to lifestyle changes)--like if you are going to have a potato, you will get more out of it if you slap butter or sour cream on it.
  • JuiceBars
    JuiceBars Posts: 78 Member

Feel free to look at my diary. I average 1,350 calories a day and I'm rarely hungry.

Thanks, I will!