Question about Insanity videos.

Options
Hello! I'm finishing up the 30 day shred and am looking for another set of videos to start up once I'm done. Insanity seems to be a good one, but the thing is I work out in my small bedroom apartment (yay student living -_-). I have about 6ish square feet to work with... is this enough room to do the Insanity movements? If there are some big moves, will I be able to modify them so that I'm not bashing into my furniture? e.g., running on the spot instead of running in a circle or something... ?

Any input would be much appreciated :)

Edit: If you also have tips on how to get through Insanity, I'm sure I'll need that in due time too haha. Thanks!

Replies

• strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    It doesn't require a lot of room so you should be just fine. As far as tips go don't try to keep up with those crazy insane shape people unless you are accustomed to extreme. Go at your own pace while pushing yourself, and enjoy it. It's crazy but its fun, good luck with what you decide to do.
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    yeah definitely, there are a few moves that take up some space, but you can easily modify and do it in a smaller spot. I 100% say go for it. such an amazing program.
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    Make sure you drink enough water during the day because you will sweat a lot while doing Insanity.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I modify my moves otherwise I couldn't have finished. For push ups I alternate between using my couch or doing knee ups. I also don't jump up as high as they do in the dvd. My house is old and i'm afraid i'll end up in the basement/dugout if I jump too hard. lol.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Lol @camaro! Thanks for the tips guys, I'll definitely start this up in the next week or so once I finish the shred video now that I know I have enough space for it!
  • milanojs
    milanojs Posts: 9
    Options
    i have small space too, so when i was in insanity program, i have made some modifications, for planks, push up an jump, mostly i did on less than 4 foot side to side