Can someone suggest a weight training routine for me?

Options
2»

Replies

• SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bumping to find this later
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, Shred it with Weights, etc. are not strength training. All of her workouts are CARDIO using light dumbbells. Not even close to being true strength training programs.

Maybe you should have increased the weight of your dumbbells. I've gone from 3lbs to 5lbs in my first seven days. Maybe that was your problem. You should have tried the most logical thing before commenting that it didn't work.

But 3 or 5 or 7 or even 10 lb dumbbells are light compared to what you can do when you are just focusing on strength training by itself. It's fine to do some cardio to warm up, but then you should focus on form and lifting as heavy as you can to see results.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    starting strength by mark rippetoe. chock full o compound lifts.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, Shred it with Weights, etc. are not strength training. All of her workouts are CARDIO using light dumbbells. Not even close to being true strength training programs.

Maybe you should have increased the weight of your dumbbells. I've gone from 3lbs to 5lbs in my first seven days. Maybe that was your problem. You should have tried the most logical thing before commenting that it didn't work.
    I didn't say it didn't work. It's great for cardio, but it's not strength training. OP was asking about a weight lifting routine. Maybe you should read more carefully before commenting.