Mother's Day Challenge

Options
Okay MFPers, I would like to start :flowerforyou: Mother's Day Challenge Group:flowerforyou: . All I ask is that you stay committed. Guys can join to! It's for everyone to look their best on Mother's Day!
Just reply to this post with your Name (real or screen name, whatever you feel comfortable sharing) current weight or size and the goal you want to be at on Mother's Day.
I will post daily challenges and water checks and words of encouragement both on here and on my profile wall if anyone would like to friend me. I will also post a saying of the day. No one has to share their weigh ins, though I weigh myself every week so I'll be on here telling everyone my weight no matter what :laugh: . I do ask that the day before Mother's Day or the morning of we share how close we are to our goal or if we surpassed it.
I want everyone to remember that this group is to help and support each other. If you see someone that is a little misguided, DO NOT PUT THEM DOWN OR MAKE THEM FEEL BAD/STUPID:brokenheart: Just kindly point them down the healthy path. Remember we are all here to achieve the same thing, a lifetime of health which equals happiness. Love :heart: and Peace :tongue: and I look forward to meeting you all on here!

Replies

• Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Martina aka Fighting4Healthy. My current weight is 169.6 lbs and I am an American size 13 Juniors or a size 14 Misses in pants(Depending on the brand):grumble:
    My goal for :flowerforyou: Mothers Day:flowerforyou: is to either weigh 151.6 lbs or be in a size 10.
    I plan on working out 4-6 times a week and eating very healthy.
    Walking is what I plan on doing most, I would like my NSV to be able to run for at least 10 minutes without having to stop.:bigsmile:
  • tweety432
    tweety432 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Martina I d like to join my name is Karen aka tweety432 my last weight was 154.6 I just bought pants in a misses size 10 not sure about what I d be in juniors my goal for mothers day is 146 ish I m currently going to the gym 3 days a week I ll try and go more I m going to try eating more healthy I hope to be on week 6 of my c25k program by hen as well so I ll be working on that
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    Welcome Tweety432.... I think juniors is just the next size down, so you might be a size 9. lol. Don't quote me though lol
  • prillygirl
    prillygirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm April. I'm trying to do a pound a week so by Mother's Day it would be great to have lost 10 pounds.
    Current weight: 141.5
    Goal: 130 (Let's shoot for a nice round number!)
    Thanks! This is a nice challenge!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cici. I currently weigh 175 Lbs. My goal for Mother's Day is to weigh 155 Lbs. Continue my squat challenge and do 250 squats a day. Start a Squat Challenge for April and then continue on as well.
    Nice idea. Something to look forward to for Mother's Day. For myself and to see how everyone else does. To all you Mothers :flowerforyou: We can do this!
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Kristina and I currently weigh 198.6. My goal is is to weigh 190 by Mother's Day. I also have a goal to exercise at least three times a week for thirty minutes. I'm hoping to stick to it! A smaller pant size wouldn't be so bad either.
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rachel. My current weight is 197.4 lbs. My goal is to weigh 188 on Mother's Day. That also happens to be my birthday this year, so that would make a wonderful birthday present to reach my goal!
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My name is Paige. My current weight is 234 pounds and my Mother's day goal will be 220. That's 14 pounds and I am determined. I haven't been out of the 230's in about 2 years now and it will be a big deal to get to 220. I will keep my beautiful daughter in mind while I do this challenge and my beautiful grandmother who has been a mother to me my entire life. She needs me in her life as well! :)
    We can do this! I wish you all the best of luck.

By the way, thanks so much for making this incredible challenge. You rock!
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Candy (aka Sweets 1954). I am currently 215 and I would like to be at or below 200 by Mother's Day. I have changed my eating habits and would like to start going to Curves 3X a week. (I'm just getting up my nerve to join) I just turned 59 and was recently put on insulin to control my diabetes. I have 3 grandchildren and another on the way that I want to be around to see grow up.
  • christianivanka
    christianivanka Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hi my name is christian, im currently 227lbs and i would like to be under 210 by mothers day!!! i barely started walking but i want to add some zumba classes at least 3x a week
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    Hi everyone it is nice to meet you al! I have opened up a group called Mother's Day Challenge if you all want to join it. :-)
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Sarah, I started out at 220 pounds right after my little girl was born almost three years ago. I am 5'4", right now I weigh 159 pounds, my goal for Mother's Day is to weigh 150 pounds or less :) I've been hitting the gym more lately and have been controlling my eating so I think my goal is reachable. Good luck to you all!

8215698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Yarinagal
    Yarinagal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rene, aka Yarinagal. I'm 61 years old. My high weight was 237, and over a few years time I gradually got down to 207. Then last summer I fell and hurt my arm and got the flu and between those I lost about 10 pounds. Then I began juicing, and that helped me lose a little faster at first. I was down to 187 when I joined MFP about 2 wks ago, and now I am 183. I would love to lose 20 pounds in 2 months, but it would probably be more realistic for me to say 16. I'll compromise, to round it off, and say I'll aim for 165. I've been exercising almost every day, and hope to keep that up. I'm hoping to try T-Tapp soon. Anyone else doing that?