Protein shakes?

2»

Replies

• jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Also with being new I have a hard time knowing how I should better split up my calories through the day so I am closer on all macros
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Also with being new I have a hard time knowing how I should better split up my calories through the day so I am closer on all macros

I understand that. But you're *under* everything. You need to eat *more*. Hit that calorie goal, hit that protein goal.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member

first things first: try and get all your calories in. to try and hit all your calories and macros perfectly is going to drive you nuts.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I always say eat your protein...but if you would rather drink it won't hurt you post workout....
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    with eating better food I find it very hard to eat all the calories everyday

And yeah you're not eating better food. Velveeta, Armour meatballs, Kraft Mac&Cheese, and sugary breakfast cereal grain snacks are not better than much of anything.

Look at your macros. Look at them again. Your goals are set appropriately. Now meet them. It doesn't matter that much how you get there, though you would be well advised to eat more veggies.

Yes. Vegetables and whole grains could help you get more FIBER - which, by the look of your diary, you need a lot more of!!!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member

I try to divide them pretty much evenly. that way I'm not hungry some of the time and stuffed others. I plan the following day's food after dinner when I remember what's in the kitchen. Using macros as the target for each meal while planning the whole day, it's easiest for me.
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    I always say eat your protein...but if you would rather drink it won't hurt you post workout....

I agree with this but I personally have found one scoop of whey protein isolate after a workout to help me recover. Usually add in some BCAA's also.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

I agree with this but I personally have found one scoop of whey protein isolate after a workout to help me recover. Usually add in some BCAA's also.

... Do you know what BCAAs are? Do you know that whey protein is composed partly of BCAAs, and a scoop of whey protein has several grams of BCAAs?