ticked off at my gym!!

enromero
enromero Posts: 104
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Im sooo mad at my gym. I joined my gym on march 1st. I have acess to a free gym at my work...but I chose to pay for a membership cause they offered a childcare. I have a 5 yr old son. My husband works nights, and NOW they have decided to close the childcare part of my gym. OK...last I heard the owner was gonna call me back to let me know if they were gonna keep it open....he never did! So tonight I went for my usual work out and sure enough they had closed it until they find someone else. OK, so I do understand that BUT he has had like 3 weeks to find someone. He even told me they were gonna let moms do a shift a month and in exchange they would get free childcare. Which would be GREAT! But sure enough he is jackin around and not getting anyone in there. He said he would refund my membership (we pd for a full year already) BUT I really like the gym but have NO ONE to watch my son now! Sorry to rant but Im just really mad, I love working out at my gym and hope they find someone soon!!

Erin

Replies

• AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    yikes, that sucks...im sorry :( id be ticked off too!!!!! :(
  • Sorry. : ( At least they will refund you though. I know it doesn't sound like a perk since you like them so much. I hate the way gyms work. One gym renewed my membership without notifying me and I wasn't even living in the state. Then years later they tried to send me a bill even though I NEVER used the facility after I moved and they renewed my membership without my permission. I really hate them and that they don't answer to anybody.. there isn't really anyone to complain to except the BBB. I hope they reopen the childcare soon. : )
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Sorry. : ( At least they will refund you though. I know it doesn't sound like a perk since you like them so much. I hate the way gyms work. One gym renewed my membership without notifying me and I wasn't even living in the state. Then years later they tried to send me a bill even though I NEVER used the facility after I moved and they renewed my membership without my permission. I really hate them and that they don't answer to anybody.. there isn't really anyone to complain to except the BBB. I hope they reopen the childcare soon. : )

That sounds like Gold's Gym to me. I had a two week trial there, and heard nightmares about trying to cancel with them. Every time I went in, before I could even hit the locker room I was bombarded by sales reps trying to get me to sign up. Was very annoying so I went to my work gym which has much less but they don't annoy me.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
    Wow that really bites :angry:

I know if they shut down the childcare in my gym I'd be fuming too. I think it's a good idea for the mom's to take turns but because of their insurance reasons I bet thats why he opted out of that one. He COULD have called you back though! Hmmm.....do you have a YMCA in your area? That's where we go and they have a great childcare center in there with good hours. Hopefully you find something that works out for you! :flowerforyou:
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    thanks guys! You all are great! We do have a Y but it is all the way on the other side of town. I guess Im gonna talk to my sons daycare and see if she will watch him for an extra hr a day. Still not decided if Im gonna cancel my membership and use my works gym or not. See my work only allows employees at their gym and my husband and I enjoy working out at least one day a week together....I do more cardio and he does more weights so its good to learn what he does. He also called his mom and she said she didnt mind helping out watching MY (my husband is not his father just step dad ) son a few days so I can work out and my son loves going over there. So still not sure but atleast Im getting some options now :-)

Erin
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Now you have a bargaining chip! Ask him for a partial refund, or a free year, to offset the cost of child care away from the gym.
This discussion has been closed.