3 Days On, 1 Day Off

Options
For a long time now I have been working out 5 days a week then taking 2 days off to rest. I have recently heard of a 3 Days On 1 Day Off workout split and wondered if anyone had any input on this? While 5/2 has certainly worked for me in the past, lately I have been feeling like 2 days off is more than I need to recover and 5 days on gets brutal enough that my performance suffers by Day 5.

What does everyone think of the 3/1 workout split?

Replies

• AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    For a long time now I have been working out 5 days a week then taking 2 days off to rest. I have recently heard of a 3 Days On 1 Day Off workout split and wondered if anyone had any input on this? While 5/2 has certainly worked for me in the past, lately I have been feeling like 2 days off is more than I need to recover and 5 days on gets brutal enough that my performance suffers by Day 5.

What does everyone think of the 3/1 workout split?

I was doing 5 days/2 days, then went to every single day (Bad idea) and now I'm doing every other day, and its much easier on my bones. My ankles and knees aren't killing me near as much.

But umm, after getting side tracked I realized I didn't answer your question.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Doing it now, its fun.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If you can handle 3 days and 1 day off it shouldn't be a problem. I do a 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off.