rest days

Options
2»

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I play Just Dance 4 on my Wii on rest days. Or go for a walk or bike ride with my family if the weather is nice. Some form of exercise, at least 15-30 minutes a day is recommended.
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What are these "rest days" you speak of? I workout every day and most days twice per day with no problems. The key is to mix it up. My "light days" are Fridays when I typically run 6 miles and do an hour of Yoga.

jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com

Well, that's great for you! Congratulations on your awesome workout prowess! Understand, however, that you're talking to someone who can't run longer than 15 minutes before I have to stop and walk. I've never touched a yoga mat in my life. Heck, I'm just barely flexible enough to ALMOST touch my toes with my longest finger.

That was me just a couple short years ago! You will get there if you keep working on it!!

Jen
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Definitely definitely...... DEFINITELY rest! No matter what other Super Humans say or do in regards to their lack of rest days, you're body absolutely needs the down time for reasons too numerous to post here. It's amazing that you are as motivated as you are now with the results that you are seeing! Use that motivation to take care of your body and help it operate at its max... By allowing it to rest.
    Even machines eventually breakdown from over use. Take care of yourself.

I assume you have some research study to back up the claim that you MUST REST?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Definitely definitely...... DEFINITELY rest! No matter what other Super Humans say or do in regards to their lack of rest days, you're body absolutely needs the down time for reasons too numerous to post here. It's amazing that you are as motivated as you are now with the results that you are seeing! Use that motivation to take care of your body and help it operate at its max... By allowing it to rest.
    Even machines eventually breakdown from over use. Take care of yourself.

I assume you have some research study to back up the claim that you MUST REST?

Well, if your workouts include weight training, you could read new Rules of Lifting for Women - he cites lots of studies and research to supprot the rest days. I just don't feel like quoting it all here...but it is out there. I think if you can hammer down all the time, then go ahead and do it...but if you are a beginner, resting is probably necessary.