What do you find is the most efficient way

Options
to work out. I need serious advice! I work 12 hour days Mon-Fri and have been going to the gym 4-6 days a week. I take an aqua-boxing class 2 days a week, deep water aquacise 1-2 days a week and/or do Zumba a 1-2 days a week. I am starting to lift also. I still have about 100 to lose but I am by no means not able to keep up with a lot of more fit people than myself. Not saying I can keep up with Sidesteel (yes, I give you serious props even tho we arent friends) but I am not needing to start with 5 lb weights if that makes sense! I played college basketball and somehow, someway, all the lifting and running I did back then hasn't totally abandoned me! I am still strong and the majority of that muscle is still under there waiting to show itself again!

The point of this post is with being gone 12 hours a day for work and having an 18-month old and a 10 year old waiting for me at home.........plus the hub, every evening, what is the most efficient way to in get a kick *kitten* workout? I have read enough to know that lifting is probably the best. Cardio is good but maybe not necessary??? I love my water and zumba classes but I would rather spend my 4-6 hours of workout time a week maximizing results.

Please let me know what you do and find works best! I need to set a schedule and stick to it! Ive been "under" in cals and macros for 3-4 months and have just been fighting the same 4-5 lbs back and forth. I need to kick this thing into high speed and work it efficiently to give me the best results for the effort! Im already gone long hours from my family every day! I want to get results but still be able to spend some time with them while trying to reach my goal. Thanks!

Replies

• lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Your diet is the answer to losing the weight. All the exercise is a bonus. Personally, I think you are exercising to much. Get your diet in order first. I'd probably cut back the workout frequency. 30 minutes a day 5 days a week and you already exercise size more than 90% of the population. Select the exercises you enjoy the most and focus on those. The last thing you want is to burn yourself out. Picking the exercise you enjoy the most and will continue doing is better then burning a few extra calories doing something you don't like to do.