Could use help

Options
Ok heres my problem I cant keep weight off. I went from 260lbs to 210 and now back up to 268lbs in the last 1 1/2 years stress eating is a big part of my problem\. any ideals on meals that don't take much time to make would be great right now I have very little time and I don't get much calorie burn at work because I sit in a cube for 10+ hours a day im trying to get my weight back down. SO PLEASE HELP ME......................................

Replies

• flicka11
    flicka11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ive done the same thing so many times, and gained weight stress eating in the same type job. Hang with the program, dont self sabatoge, best I can say. "Do as I say, not as I do" was a thing that used to run through my mind all the time. Now, I truly am trying to watch it, every day, and this program has really helped me to that. I have lost 10 lbs, which isnt alot yet, but that's in 60 days, so about 5 a month. I want to loose 40 more, it will take time, it will take effort. I have been adding to the effort thing a little at a time, and I am getting there. Changing the amts I eat and the things I eat, and tracking it on this website helps me alot. I have been getting more exercise, not as much as I need, but way more than I have done in a long time. When I had my desk job, I was so stressed, munched all day on crap, then came home and was psychologically too drained from the stress at work to want to do anything but watch tv, and maybe snack again. I also suffer from migraines, and on those days I cannot do anything, period, eat, move, just cant do a thing. But even given those days, I have been doing much better. You are more than welcome to become my friend on here, if I can help. I find it helpful to see my friends successes on here, I just have a couple, but it does help me bc I see we are all fighting the same issues....... Good luck, hang in there, and just take the steps to change and not revert to the past. Of course, tonight I slipped up and ate chicken wings 2 hours before bedtime, my bad!
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can keep the weight off. It takes an effort to lose weight, it takes an effort to keep the weight off. You will always have to control how many calories you put into your body no matter what weight you are at. You have lost 50 lbs before by self contol and you can do it again. I don't have any food advice, just count your calories and eat less than you are needing and you will have success. Exercise helps and is good for you but is not required to lose weight. You CAN do this.
  • greatbraveyear
    Options
    Every time you quit you have to go right back into it, and the times you quit will get longer and longer apart until it's your once a year slip up during the holidays or over a weekend. You have to believe you can do it, even if you didn't do it "that time" you will do it if you keep trying. You have to look at the root of why you're stress eating. Obviously it's habit, but why have you turned to this habit to comfort during the day and night? I've been there, a lot of people have. There is no one right way out of this. I think if you give yourself a chance with a trainer / nutritionist that is your best bet. You just have to keep being honest and giving in to the process. It will not be overnight, but with the right trainer / nutritionist by your side, you'll have to tools you need to move forward.

If you can't afford to hire someone in the beginning, how about picking one thing you like to do in exercise and commit to doing it once a week for 30 minutes? Literally make it a life/death situation that drags you away from your commitment. Even if it's 30 minutes of walking or 10/10/10 of pushups, situps, and squats. And with nutrition maybe try one day a week commit to having a salad for dinner. Like every Monday, a chicken Caesar salad that you make yourself with light dressing is all yours to enjoy. Keep it really simple and just make it yours. The trick is to get one thing down first, then this will grow as your confidence grows. These new one day per week commitments should make you feel GOOD because you're doing them for you and you're worth it.

Just a couple ideas - good luck and keep going towards your goal!

PS what is your goal?
  • SheenSZF
    SheenSZF Posts: 88
    Options
    When you make oatmeal, make a couple extra servings to have ready for the next couple days and save time. To increase the protein, you can also add an egg to it while it's cooking, or add plain protein powder after cooking. Try adding some pumpkin puree (canned) while it's cooking for additional nutrition. When you're ready to eat the oatmeal, just heat it up in the microwave. After heating add some cinnamon, and a tablespoon of walnuts to it. Try adding 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (increases fiber and is a good healthy fat).

Tuna is an easy lunch. Instead of mayonnaise, use plain yogurt, or half mayo (low fat) and half plain yogurt. Add celery and / or onion to the tuna, and top with lettuce and tomato. Try adding some walnuts to the tuna for a wonderful variation.

Salmon is a quick dinner. You can make it in the mircowave: spray bottom of dish with cooking spray, add salmon and asparagus, sprinkle a little lemon juice on top. Cover and microwave for a couple minutes (varies depending on how thick the salmon is). Leftovers also warm up nicely.

Chicken breasts are a quick meal. If they're thick, slice lengthwise to reduce cooking time. Use cooking spray or a little oil in the pan, add seasoning or some sauce. For example, worchestershire, a little reduced sodium soy sauce, and fresh ground ginger is tasty. Add water or chicken broth for added moisture.
    Leftovers are easy to warm up, or use in soup.

If you don't have time to make soup from stratch, start with a can of low sodium soup, and add leftover chicken, fresh or cooked vegatables, to increase the nutrition value and hardiness.

When you do cook, make extra and put leftovers in single-serve containers in the freezer to grab for a quick lunch to take to work. Take some fresh vegetables to eat with the meal.

For hardy eggs: cook onion and red pepper in a pan (with cooking spray or a little olive oil or a tiny bit of butter), then add eggs, cook briefly, then add spinach. Mushrooms are also good to add to the onions, or try other vegetables.

Plain greek yogurt and a grapefruit is a quick and healthy meal.

Hopefully these are helpful ideas that you can build on. Good luck!
  • chrisgriffin42975
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone who has replied and for any help that was given I will take your advice and use what I can. Thanks Chris :smooched: