Not losing weight

Im having a hard time seeing the weight go down on the scale!! i see it in inches when i look in the mirror but not on the scale.. I have a feeling it has to do with not getting enough calories in my day but its hard to eat when im not hungry. When i do eat i eat things that i should be, things that are healthy for you but then i work out and lose a lot from the day. Any ideas or suggestions on what i should do???

Replies

• Winter_Nights
    Winter_Nights Posts: 14 Member
    Sometimes the scale is not the best way to measure your fitness. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are building muscle and losing fat, the scale may stay the same or go up.
  • 1st step....make your diary public.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Here is good info:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

All the info you need to know is in this thread. Best of luck to you.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    i see it in inches when i look in the mirror but not on the scale..

i don't understand the problem
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    me too!! my diary is open and I am open to criticism, I am trying to do mine with normal everyday food, but small portion control, that is my trouble, I am burning the calories and not eating them back, sticking to my daily calories. inches I can see but not the scales, please add if you would like to, I am from Australia
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    me too!! my diary is open and I am open to criticism,

NO, its not, your diary is not open
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    To be honest I'd rather see it in the mirror than on the scale. I started out on MFP eating 1200 cals and doing cardio ++ but still very unhappy with results. Added in a bit of strength training and the weight loss slowed right down but the inches came off a LOT faster. I'd only be concerned if neither the scale NOR the mirror was showing any progress (and only if it was > 1 month).
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    go with the inches. after i lost my first 5 jean sizes and very little on the scale i came to the conclusion that what i was losing in fat was somehow being replaced with an equal of awesome which showed up on the scale.
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Stick with it...dont give up. You will see results! Keep working out and logging!! I have recently hit a plateau myself, but still going strong!!
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    it is now, thought it was, sorry
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    me too!! my diary is open and I am open to criticism, I am trying to do mine with normal everyday food, but small portion control, that is my trouble, I am burning the calories and not eating them back, sticking to my daily calories. inches I can see but not the scales, please add if you would like to, I am from Australia

Since you're doing the 1200 calorie diet you're probably not eating enough to start with.
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Do not do the 1200 calories a day. You will starve yourself and your body will go into fat storage mode. You need to eat 6 times a day, healthy, non processed foods. Eat protein with each meal and eat something within the first 1/2 hour you wake up to get your metabolism ready to go. If you are not hungry, your metabolism is slow.. That's what I'm dealing with. So far so good. I work out almost every day and have been for 6 weeks. No weight loss. However, I have been measured and have lost inches and body fat! My muscle is increasing too. My advice is to hire a personal trainer or see a nutritionist, or both!
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    I don't get it. Would you rather have the scale number go down and look fat, or have the scale number stay the same and look thinner? Seems like a no-brainer.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member

Checking the last 2 weeks for food/exercise, you average 500 calories net or less daily. What you eat is healthy but you need to eat up at least 50% of your exercise calories. Your metabolism has slowed down.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    It is a good thing with losing inches and it can sometimes takes a while for the scales to catch up and show the results.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Here is good info:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

All the info you need to know is in this thread. Best of luck to you.

^^^^^This!!! Eat more.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    If you're not losing weight you're gaining lean muscle mass or you're at maintenance calories... only real 2 options.
  • i see it in inches when i look in the mirror but not on the scale..

i don't understand the problem

That's what i'm saying! :)
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member

Yep - you are creating a much larger calorie deficit with your exercise and not adjusting your intake accordingly. Eat more.
  • exercise more, eat to only a 500kcal defecit... say goodbye to the weight!