Support System

mhoss101
mhoss101 Posts: 49 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I just wanted to take a moment and thank my husband for being my support system. Sometimes I forget that he is in this with me, watching me struggle to lose weight, wishing that he could swoop in and make my weight just disappear..

We went to the gym tonight where I tried the stair master for the first time ever.. yeah that wasn’t such a smart move.. after about 7 minutes I had to get off.. I switched to the treadmill and could only do about 19 minutes before my shin started killing me.. he could tell that I was headed towards a complete meltdown (I tend to overact in certain situations).. my eyes started welling up and he could tell that I was a millisecond from throwing in the towel and going home.. he pulled me to the side and said that he was proud of me for coming so far because three weeks ago I would have been sitting on the couch eating ice cream.. he then told me to put on my big girl panties so we can start our strength training.. he gave me a kiss on the forehead, a pat on the butt and gave me a moment to collect myself. We then proceeded to have a great workout together..

So thanks hubby, for being patient and kind and loving me no matter what size I am..

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I just wanted to take a moment and thank my husband for being my support system. Sometimes I forget that he is in this with me, watching me struggle to lose weight, wishing that he could swoop in and make my weight just disappear..

We went to the gym tonight where I tried the stair master for the first time ever.. yeah that wasn’t such a smart move.. after about 7 minutes I had to get off.. I switched to the treadmill and could only do about 19 minutes before my shin started killing me.. he could tell that I was headed towards a complete meltdown (I tend to overact in certain situations).. my eyes started welling up and he could tell that I was a millisecond from throwing in the towel and going home.. he pulled me to the side and said that he was proud of me for coming so far because three weeks ago I would have been sitting on the couch eating ice cream.. he then told me to put on my big girl panties so we can start our strength training.. he gave me a kiss on the forehead, a pat on the butt and gave me a moment to collect myself. We then proceeded to have a great workout together..

So thanks hubby, for being patient and kind and loving me no matter what size I am..

Ah what a sweet post:heart:

I have to say to you how awesome I think you did tonite, even attempting the stairmaster was brave let alone 7 minutes Hon:wink::happy:

Ah and the treadmill, 19 minutes on your first time, great job, nothing to beat yourself up about with 19 minutes of the treadmill starting out:drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Keep it up you're succeeding:flowerforyou: :happy:

Becca:heart:
  • jmatecki
    jmatecki Posts: 32
    That's awesome. My hubby is very supportive and has also told me he is very proud of me for the things that I have done. He's more excited then I am about my 4 lbs! LOL. He's a great support and most days' I don't give him the proper appreciation for all he does to help me. THANKS BABE!
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Every time you go it will get much easier!!!!!:tongue: 19 minuts on the treadmill is good you go girl, and about your hubbie does he have a brother:flowerforyou: lucky girl Valerie
  • joellis
    joellis Posts: 1
    Yes, don't feel too bad as the initiative you took is what counts. A step at a time and you will get there. Joellis
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Good hubbies are hard to come by, sounds like you have a great one! Gave you just what you needed! Keep it up, you got to the gym, you got on the darn machines, eke it up each day! Go Girl Go! You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    You are a very lucky lady to have such a sweet man in your life. Tuck him in your heart and never let go.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Good men are very hard to find. Do you think he could support all of us who need a good man in our life??? Just ask him ok???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You did a GREAT job doing what you did. I dont think I could do it yet!! Keep up the great work and with a husband like that he will help you reach your goal!!
    Mary
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    AWESOME... You Can Do This, because you deserve it and You are worth it and with a support system like that ~ you can reach the STARS!! Keep up the Great Work and be Proud of Yourself and that wonderful Husband of yours!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Aww. I love the big girl panty quote lol. You're a lucky woman. I know you know that. I have a great hubby too. I feel sorry for women who don't.
This discussion has been closed.