Personal Introduction to the MFP community!

Options
I joined MFP the beginning of 2013, so I'm still on the roller coaster ride. There's weeks where I just lose complete track of logging on, but hopefully I get on track from now on. I know now that I'm overweight, I tried to deny it because I was ashamed. I'm only 20 years old, and I've always been heavier than most girls but it wasn't until almost 3 years ago that I started packing on the pounds. I was 17 and weighed 175 lbs. because of muscle mass, but I was still a size 7. Now I'm 203 lbs. but a size 14-16 so it's all fat that I packed on. Please note I'm only 5"2 haha. Hopefully I can make friends on here that are willing to inspire each other that we can do it! My goal is to get to 130 lbs. or a size 5-7.
Thanks for taking your time to read this.
I really appreciate this because it took me 3 1/2 months after joining to find the guts to do this!

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP the beginning of 2013, so I'm still on the roller coaster ride. There's weeks where I just lose complete track of logging on, but hopefully I get on track from now on. I know now that I'm overweight, I tried to deny it because I was ashamed. I'm only 20 years old, and I've always been heavier than most girls but it wasn't until almost 3 years ago that I started packing on the pounds. I was 17 and weighed 175 lbs. because of muscle mass, but I was still a size 7. Now I'm 203 lbs. but a size 14-16 so it's all fat that I packed on. Please note I'm only 5"2 haha. Hopefully I can make friends on here that are willing to inspire each other that we can do it! My goal is to get to 130 lbs. or a size 5-7.
    Thanks for taking your time to read this.
    I really appreciate this because it took me 3 1/2 months after joining to find the guts to do this!

Hello and welcome on here! :)

Feel free to add me, I've started at around the same weight and I have a very similar UGW. You can do it, just try to commit to it and record everything you eat, it's doable!

Good luck!

xx
    Ginny, 25.
  • dulcegracianomartinez
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    ANd yeah, since I use to be able to do it all on my own, there's days where I feel I can do it all on my own, but I've come to realize that's not working.:laugh: :laugh: