Just to Lazy

Options
i have a lot of time to go for a run or do a workout video but when im not at school and im not near the gym i dont do any cardio workouts. any advice to get me off the couch?

Replies

• nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    i have a lot of time to go for a run or do a workout video but when im not at school and im not near the gym i dont do any cardio workouts. any advice to get me off the couch?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    get up and do it:happy:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Just do it! I think to myself when I'm in that position, "I could either watch Judge Judy or exercise at the gym." 15 minutes later I'm out the door :)
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Do I want to look Hot in a new pair of slim jeans, or look like a couch potato? :happy:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Think to yourself .......

Is watching this re-run of Friends going to change my life?? (no, but working out will) :wink:

If you sit on the couch .... you will feel tired the rest of the evening ......
    If you get up and go to the gym, go for a walk/run/bicycle ride, do an exercise video, etc. you will feel more energized to get more done around the house the rest of the evening!!

I know it's hard initially to get the motivation to go ..... but in the end you'll feel better about yourself. If you don't do it you will feel guilty.

Keep going!! :flowerforyou:

After that motivational speech .... I think I'll get on my treadmill and study for my Neurology test!! :tongue:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Making yourself do it is the hardest part...once you're finished though you will feel better.
    I have the same problem...I think that most people do!
  • fabflo72
    fabflo72 Posts: 29
    Options
    I think to myself summer is coming and I don't want to be wearing old shorts from last year but want to treat myself to new clothes for my new body.Best of luck to you
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I bought a jogging trampoline so when I'm watching t.v. I can jog in front of it & it takes my mind off of the exercise. You may want to give that a try. :smile:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Don't say, I should go to the gym. Say, I am going. Do not make it an option. I find it's really useful if I call someone and tell them I'm going to the gym. Then I feel like I have to go!

Good luck!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    And just think of all those exercise calories you'll be able to eat! That motivates me :embarassed: !
  • nicole0177
    Options
    I bought a jogging trampoline so when I'm watching t.v. I can jog in front of it & it takes my mind off of the exercise. You may want to give that a try. :smile:
    what is a jogging trampoline it sounds like something i could use.
  • nicole0177
    Options
    thanks everyone it all really helped!!!:happy:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options

link to amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=personal+trampoline&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&ref=pd_sl_17zpc1u94t_e
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    everyone can say, just do it and it be that easy?
    Well NO OFFENSE, to anyone, but just do it, sometimes just don't do it for all.

But I do it this way. I put up fatty pics of me before and after, then I get disguisted enough to do it.....
  • nicole0177
    Options

link to amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=personal+trampoline&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&ref=pd_sl_17zpc1u94t_e
    so you dont actually jog on them you bounce right?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

link to amazon:

I job in place on mine. You can also do ski hops (back & forth) or twists. :smile:
  • nicole0177
    Options

link to amazon:

I job in place on mine. You can also do ski hops (back & forth) or twists. :smile:
    thanks i def will be purchasing one of those i think it will be a life changer.
  • TheGimp
    TheGimp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, so what I do is try to make some of my exercise fun. Some things I occasionally do include roller skating, roller blading, bicycling, hiking, and dodgeball (grown-up team). The one I wish I could still do, but I don't think I'd hold up well anymore is fake medieval sword fighting. (There's more than one type of group that does this.) Anyway, the pound were just flying off of me when I was involved in that.

I still have to hit the gym sometimes, but whenever I can I have a friend with me, or I'll go over my lunch hour if I think I'll turn into a bum when I get home.