Screwed up big time.

Options
jdad1
jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
I feel like giving up. I failed. I tried so hard but i gave in to temptation and i ate one of those small tootsie rolls. I have been able to resist since Halloween but tonight i caved. I thought i was better than this. I don't want to lose everything i have gained so far!

Replies

• jigsaw_gd
    jigsaw_gd Posts: 30
    Options
    HUH? One tootsie roll isn't the end of everything ... work out how many cals you are over your daily allowance and eat that many less tomorrow - then it will all average out and you'll be fine.

Oh and throw out the rest of the package before you eat them too ...
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Haha.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I bet after you ate that Tootsie Roll you got on the scales and were at least 10 lbs heavier! Seriously, having a treat now and then isn't going to ruin everything. Life is to live not to spend all your time depriving yourself. Log it, acknowledge it and move on.
  • marcuscross104
    marcuscross104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A tootsie roll!?

A TOOTSIE ROLL?!

Why haven't you just killed yourself yet?

Youre obviously to WEAK WILLED to live this lifestyle!

Seriously, reading your comments made me chuckle, started my day off right!

Thank You!

Unless you're serious, in which case 1 tootsie roll is not the end of the world!
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    I thought you were going to say you ate a whole gallon of ice cream. Go ahead and beat yourself up a little and then forgive yourself and move on. It wasn't that terrible. We ALL have our weaknesses. The important thing is to get back on track. This is just one of those bumps in the road --- there may be others but you can do it!
  • cmmdance
    cmmdance Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's okay to treat yourself once in a while. Moderation is key. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing great and will continue to do so.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Dude, if you want a Tootsie Roll, you just need to insert them in the other end IYGWIM. No cals.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :drinker:
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Somebody posted a post (if I can find it, I'll link to it), where the method to continuing the momentum after a slip is called 'Get the F**k Over It!'

I keep this in my head if I slip. I 'Get the F**k Over It' and move on.

And a tootsie roll is NOT a big time screw up. Don't they only have about 15 calories?

Edit: Found it! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/915343-for-those-struggling-with-bad-decisions
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    You knew tootsie rolls were the gateway candy and you did it anyway...you have no one to blame but yourself. :tongue:
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Now you did it! FAILED! You see, quitting is not an option. Now, had you ate two little tootsie rolls...its a requirement that you must leave MFP......FOREVER..never to return again.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Having a tootsie roll isn't failure. Losing weight doesn't have be an extreme approach that completely discounts normal life. If the tootsie roll was within your daily calorie limit then you don't have to worry at all. If it was outside your daily limit then you still don't have to worry at all - just work on a weekly average and cut back those tootsie roll calories another day.

In other words, there's no law saying you have to eliminate all junk; it's just generally better for your health if you keep junk food to a minimum (and within your weekly calorie goal) rather than the 'norm'.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    You knew tootsie rolls were the gateway candy and you did it anyway...you have no one to blame but yourself. :tongue:

that is my concern exactly.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    *gasps* The Horror!
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the post was more than a little tongue-in-cheek. ;)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Have another tootsie roll.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs7f3ssuEjA

and a laffy taffy chaser ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXBgSCSrIk
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    you mean gain everything you've lost

Now lemme see ya tootsie rolllllllllll
    tumblr_lo6vzpH5gh1qme7o1o1_500.gif
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Do some jumping Jack's to burn it off!! That's like 50 calories. Not the end of the world!! Don't be so hard on yourself, your human!!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I ate 3 of those Bliss Dark Chocolate squares. I am totally screwed. D:

I have to nibble on lettuce for the next 3 weeks to detoxin myself.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    needed the chuckle, thanks! :laugh: