If you had to choose 2 meals........

Options
Qbaimee
Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
to make, what would they be? What is your favorite?
trying to get some ideas, I want to try some new recipes.

Replies

• ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love fish so it would have to be a fish dish - I had an amazing seafood spaghetti on Friday so maybe that. The other one is hard... maybe spicy sausage and lentil stew, I love chorizo. Both recipes are on my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com :). Might give you some more ideas too.

Ax
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Kung pao chicken. Double the sauce.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/chinese-take-out-kung-pao-chicken-216726

Fettucine bolognese - this tastes exactly like what you get in Rome. It's amazing.
    http://www.onceuponachef.com/2011/12/fettuccine-bolognese.html

Tough to only pick 2, I make so many things. Gumbo and chicken & dumplings also came to mind.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    What I had for lunch: Filet mignon and broccoli rabe or steak fries with a chili burger...medium with onions and pepper jack cheese.
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yummy! all of these sound good, thanks for the ideas!
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    cajun chicken with veg and baby pots

or fajitas
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Only 2.....!!!! I love so many it's so hard to choose.

Nasi Goreng- Indonesian spicy fried rice with chicken, prawns (shrimp), sliced omlette and veggies.

Indian Leg of lamb- slow cooked for hours and hours with rogan josh spices. Served with palak paneer (spinach & Indian cheese) and tarka daal (lentils cooked with spices).

Few ones that didn't make the top 2- Beef & Ale stew with dumplings, T-Bone steak cooked medium rare with mushrooms & peppercorn sauce, Carribbean curry Goat with rice & peas, Spanish mixed paella, Greek Lamb Kleftico.... too.many.to.choose!!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    If you go to my blog on here (you don't need to friend me to see it, it's public) I have a bunch of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert....98% are low calorie meals and they are easy to make (trust me, I am not a cook!). You can check those out if you want :)
  • katmcq29
    katmcq29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    All time favourite homemade dinner is stuffed pork fillet with apple sauce! :) my mum grew up getting this for her dinner and she makes it for us and it is def my all time favourite dinner! My aunt lives in Scotland and I know its not a common thing over there to get it so not sure if its a northern irish thing or not! :)
  • casey634
    casey634 Posts: 1
    Options
    The LooneySpoons Meatloaf and mashed potatoes.....mmmm. Also from that cookbook The Starvin Guy Chicken pot pie (2) was a huge hit at a dinner party recently.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    coka cola chicken for dinner

and I love fried eggs for breakfast mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm