Forget your lunch??...

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Deal with it and fast until dinner, or run next door for a salad (there's a cafe in the adjoining building).

Same here. There's an overpriced cafe next door but I'm usually not willing to pay $15 for a bad salad, plus ATM fees (because they don't take cards and I rarely have cash). I almost never forget lunch, though.
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I cant skip lunch since i work out pretty much everyday after work and i have "feedings" throughout the day (and i like to eat lunch)! So if i forget my lunch (which i feel so lost when doing so) i opt for the healthiest option i can! i try to keep a can of soup in my desk but with the lack of protein source/high sodium it contains i dont mind finding a joint where i can get grilled chicken or grilled chicken salad. Luckily im somewhat close to a Subway where i usually get a salad or something at a Sprouts!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    At school I have an emergency supply of food that includes mini cans of tuna, Kashi 7 grain crackers, trail mix, almonds, crunchy salted green beans from Sprouts, 100 calorie Oreo snack bites, 1/2 cup baggies of my favorite granola. In usually have yogurt in the science teacher's fridge. I have forgotten my lunch once this year. I had plenty of food, though I was sad about throwing out my chicken pesto pasta when I got home.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I grab a slice of pizza for like $2.
    I used to have it once a week so it's already in my MFP lunch list. I already know how many calories it is, so I plan around it. :smile: I looooooooooove pizza......
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    at my job theres always healthy snacks in the kithcen (along with unhealthy ones ) but I'd usually get some granola, yogurt, or fresh fruit. If that's not enough, 7-eleven is right around the corner, I could just go there and get a protein bar or something
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Run next door to Starbucks and grab their Protein Pack and a Skinny Latte or Iced Coffee. Actually I'll probably go get the coffee anyway on most days.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, just never have. I tend to only eat lunch maybe 2 times a week. I'm just too busy so I usually end up eating a few snacks during the day and a good dinner. Works for me.

I think if you eat lunch and you arent hungry, you forget to eat lunch you shouldn't force yourself to eat. I believe you should eat when you're hungry, if you're not, you shouldn't force feed yourself constantly trying to fit in all your calories.

I am not a bfast eater either - well not by most standards, I eat my bfast around 9/930a, and by that time I've worked out & been at work for an hr +.

However, I do make it a point to eat every couple hrs after that & never feel forced. There is no way I could survive until dinner time (which is 7pm for me) on just snacks - course our idea of snacks might be way different.

My dinner's are usually 500 calories + meals, and there is no way I could survive on that, as I get up @ 5, lift 2x a day, work 8 hrs and (again) don't eat dinner til around 7. I hope you are getting enough calories with your current eating plan...
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    ... and I went with street food. Chicken dumpling ramen soup. Yummm!
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I cant skip lunch since i work out pretty much everyday after work and i have "feedings" throughout the day (and i like to eat lunch)! So if i forget my lunch (which i feel so lost when doing so) i opt for the healthiest option i can! i try to keep a can of soup in my desk but with the lack of protein source/high sodium it contains i dont mind finding a joint where i can get grilled chicken or grilled chicken salad. Luckily im somewhat close to a Subway where i usually get a salad or something at a Sprouts!

I couldn't agree more. I workout too much (am & on lunch) to not have fuel. I'm not beyond going to mcy d's for a grilled chick. salad - or finding a chicken sandwich somewhere, but i'm trying to keep my protein up, so a can or two of tuna, was perfect (plus i'll REALLY appreciate dinner LOL).
  • switchboardlady
    switchboardlady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually have snacks available Jalapeno cheese sticks, Wasa crackers, jug of cold water, etc.

I'm replying to this as I love all the suggestions!
  • switchboardlady
    switchboardlady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We have a food wagon that serves the best steak tacos with all the ingredients plus lime that another pinned. Awesome food!
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I forgot my lunch yesterday, so I made the best decision I could and ordered some tom yum kar soup with chicken, and edamame.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have some Luna protein bars at my desk. I'd have those. With perhaps a trip downstairs to my basement cafeteria's salad bar.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a good breakfast before work and there are times where I just want to skip lunch but it comes a point later in the afternoon where you're stomach starts growling and when your co-workers and even my BOSS can hear it, it's embarrassing. They probably don't think I can afford a lunch LOL.