To my coffee creamer loving people?

Options
When you started measuring out the two tablepsoons of creamer for your coffee, did you notice that you had been putting soo much more than that before? The first thing I realized was how much darker my coffee was! And i find I don't even miss the extra creamer.

Replies

• nikb1983
    nikb1983 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I found that I was pretty close, but I'm still trying to cut back...70cals per cup of coffee is no good (I know it could be a lot worse *cough*starbucks)...I only usually drink one cup in the morning... I used to like it black...trying to re-aquire that taste.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's crazy what a serving actually is! I used to drink double cream, double sugar. I slowly worked my way down to black and love it, but I still like creamer once in awhile.I always make sure to measure now though :)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I do half a serving of creamer and a splash of fat free milk! I'm not a huge fan of sweet coffee; most days I take it black.

...I call most Starbucks drinks a "hot milkshake!" rather than coffee.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I was totally that splash of coffee with my creamer...
    So much so, in fact, that I gave up coffee all together. I now drink ht tea, which feeds the habit...but without anything in it, many less calories.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I switched to Almond Milk (unsweetened vanilla) - takes some getting used to but way less calories!
    Also, anyone heard of Ripped Cream? It's all natural coffee creamer with as much protein as an egg. The flavored are Lean Vanilla Bean or Chizzled Chocolate. I have a Giveaway happening on FB Page for two bags! So good and good for you.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm always puzzled by creamer. We don't have creamer in the UK and people just take their coffee with regulars cows milk.

Do people in the US not just take milk in their coffee, is it always creamer?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I don't use creamer often. I tend to use milk but will use creamer when we buy it and we only buy it when it's on sale.

When I started to measure I did notice that I was putting a ton of creamer in my coffee and didn't realize it.
  • staci5678
    Options
    I was reading the carb contents on coconut milk...very low as well as calories. Right now I am using sugar free creamer and measuring it. I also use the non calorie syrups. They are great!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I still do 3 teaspoons of CoffeeMate in each of two cups of coffee every morning. That is a total of 60 calories. I log it in and I'm not giving it up. It did not affect my weight loss and hasn't affected my maintenance either.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I was lucky on that. My nitnoid need for consistency has long had me measuring out 2 tablespoons of creamer in my coffee. :happy:
  • Barrie1964
    Barrie1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy - could you share the fb page that has the special on it for the Ripped Cream?

Thanks!
  • Barrie1964
    Barrie1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To Amymooreorless - could you post the fb page you referred to below? Thanks!
    I switched to Almond Milk (unsweetened vanilla) - takes some getting used to but way less calories!
    Also, anyone heard of Ripped Cream? It's all natural coffee creamer with as much protein as an egg. The flavored are Lean Vanilla Bean or Chizzled Chocolate. I have a Giveaway happening on FB Page for two bags! So good and good for you.
  • tlvasa
    tlvasa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This was a tough one for me because I love love love flavored creamers. I stopped cold turkey and started buying flavored coffee. True, its not sweet but it gives me something to look forward to and saves me those lovely calories!
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think there are just as many of us in the US who just use regular old milk. I think because there are a lot of fat-free creamers, people trying to lose weight gravitate toward them. I don't like flavors in my coffee and distrust all the chemicals in creamers.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I use fat free half & half. I use a measured tbsp per cup - at only 10 calories per cup. I did use to use more though, for sure, before I measured it, but the one tbsp is a sufficient amount for me.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I use Fat Free French Vanilla creamer (1 tbsp) and 1/2 a tsp of sugar. I can't get over how dark the coffee is!!!
    I find if I order a single-single (one cream one sugar) from Tim Hortons, it's waaaay too "creamy" and watered down now. Gimme my home-brew any day!!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I've cut it out completely and starting buying sugar cubes so I could get a more accurate sugar measurement. :)
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I can't drink milk so I use almond milk and splenda when I want white coffee. I use the plain unsweetened kind so there is only like 40 cals or so in a cup depending on the brand. I've never had the chocolate but they make that too.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a crutch, mine is creamer in my coffee. I do not measure it exactly. Everything else I measure. I guess that is not perfect but hey, I enjoy the hell out of it. : )
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free creamers and then add only a teaspoon of sugar. Total calories come out to 30 calories. And I usually only end up having a total of 2 cups in the mornings. I stick to that 2 cups pretty tightly too.