MFP is the Best Tool EVER!!!

Options
pg3ibew
pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
I didn't know where th best place to post this. I figured Motivation would be best for people looking for support.

My story quick before I get to why MFP is the best.

On Decemeber 14, 2011, I was 250 pounds and disgusted with myself. Started losing weight, found MFP on Jan 7, 2012 and with a little bit of exercise, I have been maintaining between 162-165 pounds since October 1, 2012.
I went from a 44" waist to a 32"
50" chest to a 42"
Feet got smaller.
Head got smaller.
I have actual ABS now.
I have no idea what my BF % was when I started, but I have 10% BF now.

Why MFP is the best tool ever.
It is a complicated, yet, simple tool. If you use some simple math, measuring cups and a scale, it really works wonders.
MFP has made me aware of how many calories I could/should be eating to lose, then maintain my weight.
MFP has helped me with my work outs. As far as logging calories burned.
MFP has opened my eyes to read ALL labels of all foods I eat. If there isn't a label, I GOOGLE it.
I religiously log every single day since I joined. It keeps me accountable. I hope I don't ever stop logging, even in maintainence. I thought I was going to have to give up all the foods I enjoy. Not with MFP. Portion control has been my key.

I know a lot of you keep track of macros and nutrients as well. And from what I can see, it has worked wonders for many of you. I have not used the MFP tool to track my macros and nutrients.

I guess, what I am trying to say here is: With a bunch of small changes, SLOWLY, anyone could beat this overweight thing that we all have/are suffering through.

Good Luck to all of you.

Replies

• pg3ibew
    Options
    Bump
  • gboybama
    gboybama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started about the same place you did and it's taking me longer, but I couldn't agree more. Logging religiously is the key for me and MFP was my accountability and educational savior. I had NO idea what I was doing before trying MFP.

I once messaged the developers and asked if I could send them money, haha. I got a private message back before very long saying that my satisfaction with the product was all the payment they would ever need. AWESOME

My fervent hope is that when we all have flying cars, travel to the moon on holidays and meet the guys who drive those UFO's that I'll be still around and plugging in my meal selections to MFP. At least that's the plan.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I agree! I am more addicted to MFP than I am to FB!!!
    This is the BEST place for SO many reasons, the support - information - advice!
    I have never been so inspired and driven - this site took me there! :D
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I started about the same place you did and it's taking me longer, but I couldn't agree more. Logging religiously is the key for me and MFP was my accountability and educational savior. I had NO idea what I was doing before trying MFP.

I once messaged the developers and asked if I could send them money, haha. I got a private message back before very long saying that my satisfaction with the product was all the payment they would ever need. AWESOME

My fervent hope is that when we all have flying cars, travel to the moon on holidays and meet the guys who drive those UFO's that I'll be still around and plugging in my meal selections to MFP. At least that's the plan.

I should have noted in my original post that SPEED of weight loss is different for everyone. Well done on your weight loss. Keep plugging away.

And I agree about the money. If this site charged, I would GLADLY pay.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I agree! I am more addicted to MFP than I am to FB!!!
    This is the BEST place for SO many reasons, the support - information - advice!
    I have never been so inspired and driven - this site took me there! :D

I am the same way with MFP as opposed to FB. Good for you.
  • didifournierblais
    didifournierblais Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Still enjoying the all that junk food (chocolate, other sweets tihngs or chips, ect...) I love is the best thing ever! Controling portion I'm eating is the best thing that could append to me. If I have a crave for something specific, I satisfy myself by eating a smaller portion and it's done. Sometimes, even just one chips or one square of chocolate do the trick! By eating better food, I don't need to eat fast food or any other junk food. You're right, MFP is a fabulous tool!!!!!!!
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    Awesome post. I love MFP too, it's so easy to use and helps me stay on track. I tell everyone who asks me about my weight loss to check this place out.

I have smaller feet now too, I had to ditch a nice pair of shoes today cause me feet were walking out of them. Smaller head though? Hmm, I guess there's still hope for me and my big old noggin'! Congrats on the success.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The accountability factor was the key for me. Being honest with what I put in my mouth.
  • gsdz4me
    gsdz4me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying using it too. I was exercising before I joined but when I decied to look into the food side I was kindly directed here by one of my now friends on here (Thank you Heather). But I agree that it has made me read labels and research as well as opening my eyes to the variety of foods and menus (thanks to my friends diaries) as I was a meat and three veges person so now I think outside the box with my food and meals and have tried foods I would never have tried before and loving it while losing weight, getting fitter, healthier and feeling way better than I was.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Awesome post. I love MFP too, it's so easy to use and helps me stay on track. I tell everyone who asks me about my weight loss to check this place out.

I have smaller feet now too, I had to ditch a nice pair of shoes today cause me feet were walking out of them. Smaller head though? Hmm, I guess there's still hope for me and my big old noggin'! Congrats on the success.

I swear my head got smaller. I had to buy a new fedora and pee cap. LOL
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    The accountability factor was the key for me. Being honest with what I put in my mouth.

Absolutely!!! If you lie, you lie to no one, but yourself!!!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Bump