Electric Run 5K anyone?

Options
I just signed up for the Philly one in July. I never heard of it til yesterday but it sounds like a blast. I want to look like a running glo stick. It's a 5k at night and the route is lit up like a techno club with DJ's blasting beats.

Anyone else doing it? It'll be my first 5k so I'm pretty pumped.

Replies

• lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I thought it looked like a blast but promised my husband no runs during the summer.... I'd love to see if anyone has been to one and what they thought!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    It came through Dallas a couple of months ago, I was DYING to do it but had to go out of town that weekend =( I hear it's one of the best ones out there, you should have a blast!
  • Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping since it's at night it'll be a little more bearable! It'll still be hot as heck. Maybe the lights will distract me!
  • vjmooney
    vjmooney Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Philly one too! I was hoping to put together a team but I think all of my friends are ditching me :-P I really want to get a whole outfit coordinated and have some fun with it. I'm hoping that since it's at night there won't be any crazy heat issues :)
  • fnixrebrn
    fnixrebrn Posts: 27
    Options
    I just did the one in San Diego, it was fun! Lots energy and since it's at night, the weather is nicer. Lots of lights and distractions. Kinda looks like a rave lol. Make sure to wear lots of glowing things. Before the start of the race they hand out free glow sticks so grab some in case you want more. Music was good and I have no doubt that you will have a blast! Since it is your first 5k, it is a nicer paced run and you are not pressured to move, some people pose/stop or dance when the music starts. Feel Free to just have fun.