Protein bars and ect.

Options
I have been dieting only for aobut 3 weeks and so far I am doing ok. However, I have had several people tell me that I should try protein bars and ect. as a snack in between meals. However, I am afraid that I will put on the weight that I have worked so hard to loss. Any thoughts or adivce?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    You'll only put on weight if you eat above your TDEE. It doesn't matter what food you eat. Just hit your macros. If you have a hard time eating enough protein, a protein bar would be a good idea.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't think one protein bar will kill your progress... Eating more protein is usually a good thing since most of us don't get enough.

Just be sure to read the ingredients - some are just as full of sugar and processed crap as a candy bar. If you are sensitive to peanuts or soy (or allergic) then most bars are a bad choice. I've only found one without peanuts. I eat Lara bars or trio bars, which aren't super high in protein, but have good ingredients.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    You'll only put on weight if you eat above your TDEE. It doesn't matter what food you eat. Just hit your macros. If you have a hard time eating enough protein, a protein bar would be a good idea.

Agreed. Weight gain comes from too much food, not the type of food.

Protein bars, shakes, etc are great if you need a little extra umph to hit your protein goal. If you can make your protein minimums without them, then there's probably no reason to eat them.
  • mgeeting
    mgeeting Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks. I am still new to all of this. Thanks for the help..