3 up, 3 down, 3 up, 3 down

molissep
molissep Posts: 452 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
ok i need some input here. i have been loosing and gaining the same 3 lbs for about 2 weeks now. i upped my calories, i lowered my calories; i increased the intensity of my workouts, i increased the duration of my workouts and i increased the weight in my strength training. i'm drinking 6-9 cups of water a day. now i'm at a loss of what else to do! has anyone else experienced this? how did you get through it?

Replies

• MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Try doing different kinds of exercises and switch up your diet. When you do something for a long period of time your body gets comfortable with it and that's what causes the plateau. Just switch it up a little here and there and you should continue on your way. Good luck!
  • I have had the same problem. I had gotten some advice to split my meals up more so now I have a morning and an afternoon snack, keep my regular meals around 400, and have been keeping an eye on my sodium intake. Seems to be working so far ... I'll have to wait until next week to weigh as this is my TOM but I'm hoping that everyone was right and I will finally break through! Good luck
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Ive been doing the same thing for almost 2 MONTHS now....Im just plugging away letting my body adjust and hoping that when it does I will drop some more.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    thanks for the input - i'll have to try changing things up and just stick with it!
  • lick25
    lick25 Posts: 27
    Before trying to lose weight, I've noticed that my weight yo-yos throughout the day, depending on the time of the month and I also suffer with irritable bowel syndrome and that also affects it. So what I try to do is weigh myself under the same conditions to try and keep things as even and accurate as possible. I know this may seem really obvious to some people but I've been known to differ by about 8lb from 1 day to the next so it cold just be something like that and you need to look at it on a longer term basis???
    I hope this might help a little :smile:
  • Hang in there, you can do it!!

Check out this site:
    http://thyroid.about.com/cs/dietweightloss/a/blplateau.htm

I don't know how well it is, someone sent me the link and I browsed it. I don't like how they call it a "diet" but it does mention measuring yourself and not just weighing. I like the website though, they have a lot of info that could be helpful.

Hope it helps! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.