Training for 1/2 Marathon & want to drop another 10 pounds

Hello From Snowy North Dakota!
I am so sick of WINTER!
I drive by the parks and my legs itch with want!
I have a strict it needs to be above 30 degrees (and little to no wind) before I layer up and run outside!
I need some help and encouragement as I train for a half marathon in August AND try to keep loosing 10 more pounds.
I do a combination of weights and running on the treadmill. I am going to start doing BodyPump at the gym, almost dreadign that more then the 13.1 miles in August!
I have a full time job, I am a full time mom, & (I like to call him my) Part time husband for he travels alot for work.
If you can relate to any of this crazyness! I would love another encouraging positive friend who can help me past my weight loss dread and move me forward!
Please, friend me if you can relate !!!!

Replies

• bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Me too! Full time mom, wife and employee. I am training for a 1/2 marathon obstacle course race in sept with milestone races in between. I am trying to get slimmer. Living in New England I can relate to the snow and cold. Just got fresh 24inches on Friday.
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    The April edition (print) of Runner's World magazine has a helpful article called "Race Away the Weight." They offer advice on losing weight when training for a 5K, 10K, half or full marathon.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    I have a half marathon in April and I hate doing long runs on the treadmill. Soooo boring! I work full time and have a teenage daughter that does not drive on her own yet (lots of social commitments but needs me to drive her everywhere) and one that is already in college. I do a combination of heavy lifting and running. After my race I'm going to focus more on lifting. I have a wonderful fiance who is very helpful, but a non-existent co-parent, which leaves all of the parenting responsibility on me.

It's so hard to work, keep the house orderly, everyone fed, and find time to exercise. I have been known to be at the gym at 10:00 pm on a Sunday though.

I can totally relate! My mantra is one day at a time.
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    I have a 1/2 in less than a month. I do not belong to a gym and do not have a treadmill at home. I do cross training 3 days a week and have been running outside since November. In my world, its either run outside or not at all, I don't have any other options. Under Armour has become my best friend......
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I've found great information in the book Racing Weight and the supplemental Quick Start Guide.