Are veggies such as corn, plantains, or potatoes bad to eat?

Options
bekah818
bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
Are Starchy vegetables such as corn, plantains, or potatoes bad to eat? Of course they would be cooked the healthy way, steamed or boiled no salt added. But I just want to know if I shoud stay away from it if I'm trying to lose weight. I work out 5 times a week and when I exercise it's usually really intense, lots of cardio and strength training. They say protein keeps you fuller longer, but that's a load of crap to me because I get hungry really quickly even after a protein shake or having a meal filled with protein. But if I have some chicken or fish with a small side of potaotes or corn it holds me a little longer.

Yours thoughts or advice is welcomed! Tell me what works for you? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Corn is not a veggie, but a grain. Plantains and potatoes are high in starch and simple carbs, but that doesn't mean any of them are "bad"

personally i stay away from grains the majority of the time, and eat potatoes sparingly, but neither are bad for you, and if you like them and you're getting good results, keep 'em.
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Interesting, thanks!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    They're not bad for you, being a low carber though I don't eat any of them.
    Eat what you like, as long as you're working out and eating your calories you're good. :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't like corn, I eat plaintain occasionally and potatoes most days.

There's no point in cutting things out completely, unless you intend to never eat them again.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    All vegetables are good to eat in balance with your overall diet. You don't want to eat *only* corn or *only* potatoes, but all veggies provide their own micronutrients. A variety is best to ensure maximum micronutrients.