Calories Burned for Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30

Options
Hey all - anybody tried doing the Ripped in 30 DVDs? How do you determine how many calories you've burned while doing it?

Another question... I've been doing 2-a-days for the last few days - I'll go to the gym early in the morning and do my cardio, then do Ripped in 30 after work at the exercise room at my workplace. I've been recording only the calories I burned doing cardio at the gym since those I know (almost) for certain because of the display on the machine. But I haven't been recording my calories for Ripped in 30. Wondering if that's a bad idea? I almost always eat back my exercise calories from the cardio and stay under my MFP calorie goal, but since I don't log my calories for RI30, I don't eat those back. I just want to make sure I'm feeding my body enough to get me through these workouts.

FYI, my calorie goal is 1310 per day. On an average day I burn about 450 calories from my cardio, so I eat (net) about 1700 calories per day or so, without counting the DVD workout.

Replies

• GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you weight and how hard you're pushing yourself. I can do a session of it and burn around 200 calories, my sister who weighs more than me and isn't in maintenance mode burns 400-500.
    I haven't done that one in a while, but it was a good one. All of Jillian's dvd's are great, except I didn't like the kettlebell one, hehe
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and burn around 300 calories. I start level 3 tomorrow.
  • c_foster
    c_foster Posts: 19
    Options
    I was wondering how long you spend on each level?
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how long you spend on each level?

It's divided up by weeks, but I think you could skip a few days of an easier level and opt for a more difficult one. I find level 1 to be really easy so I'm probably not going to spend a whole week on it. I'll move up to level 2 after probably 4 days. But Jillian recommends you do it 5-6 days a week, always giving yourself at least a day to recover. So, 5-6 days per level.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I didn't take any breaks. 10 days per level. You'll burn less calories the further in you get. I love it though! Next will be p90x for me.
  • ninakale
    ninakale Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am doing it now, level 2. I record it as 20 minutes of general circuit training, at 132 pounds, it gives me 160(ish) calories.
  • mabengi001
    mabengi001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh 120 pounds (5'5'') and burn 220 calories doing level 4 (5 more days and I'm done!). I wear a Polar heart rate monitor, so that's a pretty accurate number.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just go under Exercise here and use circuit training 25 min and it gives me like 215 calories burned in the 25 minutes
    I think that seems about right (maybe a little high) so I stick with it anyway