30DS in actual 30 day timeframe??!!??

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You are NOT supposed to do it 30 days straight. That's a myth. Taking rest days will allow for muscle recovery. No rest days means your muscles do not get the opportunity to rebuild. You are missing out on part of the benefit if you do not take rest days.
  • moulinette92
    moulinette92 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 18 of the 30 Day Shred and I have done it for 18 days in a row. I am seeing results, but I see just as good results from people who would take a break, so I wouldn't worry about missing some days. If I missed a day I wouldn't have the motivation to start it again and get back on track, because it is quite tough, but if you know you can miss a day then get back to it, then good for you :D
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I'm repeating week two because the serving biceps kill me and I can't do the push ups with the leg raise to completion. From the bits I've seen of week 3...I'll spend more than 5 days on that, too.

You have just scared the life out of me woman!! Push up with a leg raise?!?!?!?!?! I can't even do the beginners push ups on level 1 yet! I do about 3 and then just sit there and stare at the screen until they've finished...dear lord, what have I got myself into :sad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I do the SAME thing! i couldnt do a single one when i started at day one...I finished day 6 a few days ago and i got up to 6 pushups...not sure if i can make it to doing them the whole time by day 10!
  • musycnlyrics
    Options
    I started the 30ds on 2/28. It's 3/12 and I am on day 7. i've heard that taking a break in between is "Jillian recommended" but, moreso, its good sense.
    You have to give your body time to recover.
    I have lost a total of 6.5 inches since starting 30DS and I'm only 7 days in! I can totally see a difference in my body composition and my hubby was kinda wowed yesterday when i (TMI ALERT TMI ALERT) got undressed in front of him for the first time in 3 weeks (he works nights so he never actually sees me naked cuz im already in bed when he gets home) and he blurted: "i thought you were wearing a tummy thing! you look goooooooood!" and he started taking pics lol

Totally enough motivation to get me through the next 23 days!

I usually do 2 days 30ds, the 2-3 days cardio/walking, shred again
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 DS in 37 days. I took an occasional day off when I was really achy or if I was skiing or something else. I read somewhere that Jillian said that it should be done every SECOND day, not every day, however, the 30 day thing is for 'marketing' purposes... so don't feel bad about taking a day off. We all need it once in a while.

Great story by the way. It's amazing how you have set your mind to something and you're doing it. I'm sure your friend's health was a huge wake up call to you. Well done and keep it up!!
  • anchavez1978
    Options
    LMAO,....seriously I understood your words more than you know,....lol I've caught myself literally dripping in sweat during the 30DS,...thinking to myself,..."i've had 3 kids naturally,...I CAN DO THIS.....*i think*" or "WTF those girls in the video,...none of them are huffing and puffing, taking breaks because of the pain, makeup melting on their face, looking a *kitten* on 'nickel night',....THIS ISN'T REAL!!" and *shamefully* I've actually cursed at Jillian as I'm working out,.....but it was like Tourette's Syndrome,..I had zero control that it was coming out of my mouth
  • anchavez1978
    Options
    It is healthy to let your body rest. Instead maybe go for a walk with your kids, or walk around the mall with your girlfriends for some hang out time but still get your body moving. Even if you don't do anything, one day is not going to break you. A lot of people work out 3-5 days a week and still see a dramatic difference. Don't feel down the fact is that you're still doing it. You are making a healthier mommy for those wonderful kids of yours. that is nothing to feel bad about. Get them to work out with you, make it fun do stuff like yoga or do zumba with them. it will get them moving a little, get you moving and your still all doing it together.

Yes,...I do this!! I think it's great my 6 yr old wants to excercise with me,....she especially likes the WII dancing games,...she told me the other day "Mom,..I can't wait for you to be more skinny",...LOL made me giggle, I wasn't offended,...I'm sure she would like me to be more skinny, so I can have tons of energy to keep up with her! And I've even taken my 12 yr old to her first real gym,...since I also accquired a gym membership to give me variety and access to equipment! I'm taking them all with me on this journey :)
  • anchavez1978
    Options
    Ha I feel you on this - I'm doing it too and I feel totally guilty about taking a day off!

I went swimming yesterday, got a great calorie burn. So I thought, hey I guess there's no need for 30DS today.
    So I got home, sat down...and she was just STARING at me from her little box.
    Even though I had worked out already, I felt awful and so guilty so I got changed and done the bloody DVD.
    It killed me - my legs were already sore from pushing myself in the pool and then that *kitten* wanted me to do side lunges and all sorts on top of that!! :laugh:

Last night was day 4 of the DVD and it's taken me 6 days to get there - I'm going to do it every day this week but only becuse I'm going away for the weekend and my husband might not appreciate Jillian's company in our hotel room.
    Or he might.
    She is pretty damn fine lol :smokin:

LMAO,....seriously I understood your words more than you know,....lol I've caught myself literally dripping in sweat during the 30DS,...thinking to myself,..."i've had 3 kids naturally,...I CAN DO THIS.....*i think*" or "WTF those girls in the video,...none of them are huffing and puffing, taking breaks because of the pain, makeup melting on their face, looking a *kitten* on 'nickel night',....THIS ISN'T REAL!!" and *shamefully* I've actually cursed at Jillian as I'm working out,.....but it was like Tourette's Syndrome,..I had zero control that it was coming out of my mouth

*this was meant for you,.....im lil slow on learning how to use the posts on MFP*
  • MrsMeisner
    MrsMeisner Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself! I'll be finishing 30DS in more like 45 days. I was super gung-ho at the beginning but then I realized that I was getting a little too obsessed with it and neglecting my husband (I work out at night), so I've started to take more rest days and I'll finish it when I finish it. It's to guarantee that you'll do it in say, 40 days, than the possibility of burning yourself and not finishing it at all!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I'm repeating week two because the serving biceps kill me and I can't do the push ups with the leg raise to completion. From the bits I've seen of week 3...I'll spend more than 5 days on that, too.

You have just scared the life out of me woman!! Push up with a leg raise?!?!?!?!?! I can't even do the beginners push ups on level 1 yet! I do about 3 and then just sit there and stare at the screen until they've finished...dear lord, what have I got myself into :sad:

You can Do It!!!!

*just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming swimming swimmging*
  • anchavez1978
    Options
    I did the 30 DS in 37 days. I took an occasional day off when I was really achy or if I was skiing or something else. I read somewhere that Jillian said that it should be done every SECOND day, not every day, however, the 30 day thing is for 'marketing' purposes... so don't feel bad about taking a day off. We all need it once in a while.

Great story by the way. It's amazing how you have set your mind to something and you're doing it. I'm sure your friend's health was a huge wake up call to you. Well done and keep it up!!

Thank you and yes,....my primary motivation was my best friends diagnosis with cancer. Major reality check for me!
  • that_Va_chick
    Options
    Congrats on even trying. I brought it super pumped and didnt last 10 minutes. I went back to straight cardio on the elliptical!!!
  • Bikini27
    Options
    I started the 30ds on 2/28. It's 3/12 and I am on day 7. i've heard that taking a break in between is "Jillian recommended" but, moreso, its good sense.
    You have to give your body time to recover.
    I have lost a total of 6.5 inches since starting 30DS and I'm only 7 days in! I can totally see a difference in my body composition and my hubby was kinda wowed yesterday when i (TMI ALERT TMI ALERT) got undressed in front of him for the first time in 3 weeks (he works nights so he never actually sees me naked cuz im already in bed when he gets home) and he blurted: "i thought you were wearing a tummy thing! you look goooooooood!" and he started taking pics lol

Totally enough motivation to get me through the next 23 days!

I usually do 2 days 30ds, the 2-3 days cardio/walking, shred again

Love the TMI! Awesome hubby <3
  • Bikini27
    Options

I call her names that should be illegal.

And the next time I measure, I will be praising her.

She frightens me. But she is the fabulous appetizer to Shaun T. Shaun T at least looks like he's gonna faint sometimes....
  • anchavez1978
    Options

She frightens me. But she is the fabulous appetizer to Shaun T. Shaun T at least looks like he's gonna faint sometimes....

"I call her names that should be illegal,.....and the next time I measure I will be praising her",......LOL and very true * I just started measuring,...I wished I would of started that from the beginnning,....but better late than never :)
  • musycnlyrics
    Options
    I also call Jillian things I wouldn't want my kids to hear! :blushing:

Two days in, when she said "if you feel like youre gonna die, follow whateverhernameis" and I shouted at the tv "you know what jillian, F**K YOU and f**k her bony a** too!!!!" and my mother in law just looked at me with her mouth dragging the ground, then she started laughing...

I was soooooo ashamed
  • anchavez1978
    Options
    I also call Jillian things I wouldn't want my kids to hear! :blushing:

Two days in, when she said "if you feel like youre gonna die, follow whateverhernameis" and I shouted at the tv "you know what jillian, F**K YOU and f**k her bony a** too!!!!" and my mother in law just looked at me with her mouth dragging the ground, then she started laughing...

I was soooooo ashamed

LMFAO!!!!! yeah thats one of the parts where I start in with my uncontrolled verbal agression towards Ms. Michaels,....but that chit you said was funny and well put might I add,....lol hilarious :)
  • Bikini27
    Options

"I call her names that should be illegal,.....and the next time I measure I will be praising her",......LOL and very true * I just started measuring,...I wished I would of started that from the beginnning,....but better late than never :)
    \

Pictures in as little as possible in clear (unflattering) light. When you feel like quitting or being lazy, compare them. That'll get you going!!
  • Bikini27
    Options
    O...and I'm sorry if I frightened anyone with my tails of week two....I had a blond moment and realized I'm talking about Ripped in 30....

OOPS!

Anywho, you all keep kicking *kitten* :)
  • Olive_Green
    Olive_Green Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My original intention when starting was to power through the 30 days like many people seem to do. I worked through the initial muscle soreness and all, but by day 9 my knees were really starting to ache. I've never had a knee injury/knee problems in the past, so I am thinking I was just putting too much high-impact stress on them and not stretching properly. At first I was kind of disappointed in myself for taking days off, but I soon realized that putting too much strain and stress on my knees was not worth me finishing in 30 days flat. I am now giving myself a rest day when I feel I need it and trying to incorporate more yoga in to work on stretching my joints.

I think my ultimate point is that I think you should listen to the wisdom of your body. It is an intense, high-impact program. Taking care of your body is more important than completing the program in one calendar month. Your hard work will pay off no matter what.