Tell me about your gym's chilcare

Options
2»

Replies

• Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I go to 24 hour fitness. Childcare is $30 month or $5 a visit. All the workers are really nice. They have some childrens movie on DIsney channel playing all of the time but they actually play games with the kids, color pictures and have a jungle gym/obstacle course thing.. My daughter really likes it (she's 8) and I like that she's actually getting exercise as well. They can be in Kid's club for up to 2 hours so you can get a pretty good workout in without feeling rushed. =)
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I go to our local rec center and child care is included if you pay $10/month extra.
    It's great! My kids are 4 and 6, and love it!
    When they were babies (9 months and up) I used the local YMCA since they had infant rooms.

Never had a problem!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've been to a few due to my husbands duty station.
    I went to Golds Gym... it includes childcare. It was decent. She was about 1.5 to 2.5. She got hurt her first week I was there, I complained and they paid more attention to her. I paid about 40 dollars a month I believe, but they require a 3 year contract.(we got out of it due to orderes)

Husband went over seas I moved home. My mom had us on her YMCA account. This one is by far amazing and anything would b so-so compared to this. They had a room to dress up, color, an activityy room to climb on toys and a whole outside swing set thing fenced in. like i said AMAZING but expensive. My mom paid for it luckly.

I now go to LA fitness. Its about 40 bucks for me and 10 for her a month. It's a big room with some toys and TV....and about 2 sitters and billion kids. I HATE IT. She is 4.5 so shes able to hold her own or tell me about it...otherwise no way.

Edit: missing word
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I pay 32 incl daycare at shapes womens gym. They have toys and a tv but during peak hours can be like ten kids one adult. I just avoid going right after work time and its fine. They dont change diapers but will give them a snack you bring. My son is clingy so its hit or miss with him. They have a camera you can check in the gym so you know your kid s not screaming bloody murder
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you join the YMCA chilcare is free
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My old gym's daycare was crap, but my daughter was 8 so I wasn't too worried about her actually being cared for, she just needed a safe place to listen to her ipod and draw for an hour. If she had been much younger, I wouldn't have let her stay there.

This was a gym with a $10 monthly fee and childcare was $2 per visit so I didn't complain much.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    we go to our local YMCA - we have several branches in our city. the branch that we go to has free childcare (up to 2 hours) if you have a family membership - which also gets us discounts on swim lessons, etc.

i will say the hardest part for me has been the guilt of taking my kids straight from school and daycare right into another daycare - but they LOVE it. and on sunday's - after my workout - we go to open swim so it's an added incentive for them to want to go.
  • EponaBlue
    EponaBlue Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!