Omnitrition?

Has anyone tried it?

Replies

• Flora_k
    Flora_k Posts: 72 Member
    I really think Omnitrition is the worst thing I have ever done to myself. I'm not even kidding. I developed heart problems after a month of the low calorie portion of the diet. I've had a number of other issues as a result. Let me just say, anybody with anemia or prone to anemia shoud absolutely avoid their products. They did quite a number on me and while searching the internet, I found other people who experienced the same thing! While searching, I found people who did the same diet but increased their calories to about 1200, skipped the hCG (and other Omni products) and had great weight losses as well. When I submitted an adverse reaction report to the FDA, they told me that it would be illegal for this company to have real hCG in their product and that this was basically just a placebo.

The biggest problem, I think, that I've found talking to a lot of people and I'm having this problem is that your metabolism becomes very sluggish a couple weeks into this. They give you all the mumbo jumbo about 'locking' in the results during Phase three but seems like so many people become even fatter than their original weight because any extra food piles on the pounds. I can't believe how slow my metabolism is now. It has never been this way. After I finish all my treatments (as a result of this diet), I'm going with exercise and hopeful that I can get a normal metabolism back.
  • skyslck
    skyslck Posts: 1
    I was just curious if any one else has tried it, or other HCG products a friend and I are trying it, have only been on it a few days, but the more I read the more I feel we should stop.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    It beat my dog, killed my cat, and stole my car.
  • Flora_k
    Flora_k Posts: 72 Member
    You can read my story: http://www.squidoo.com/unsafe_hcg_diet

If you are even tempted to do the hCG diet, I can't stress enough to go see your doctor first. I was sort of in a good position to see what this diet did to me. I had just seen my doctor and had blood work when I started this so it was really apparent after a month of this diet that it was the diet that caused me to lose the minerals in my body and need infusions. What was really interesting was that I had terrific ferritin levels and within weeks there was almost completely gone.