Gain/Lose same 5 pounds every month

I am wondering. I had finally hit my small goal of 175 however now for 3 months I have been battling to stay at 175. At TOM, I gain 3-5 pounds within a week and then spend the rest of the month getting back to 175. I am wondering if it is possible that this where my body lives. I had been at this weight for many years before having children (oldest is 11) and now I can't seem to get below it. My next goal was 172 as this would have been a 10 pound loss however I have not made it and I have been on this journey since December 1.
Admittedly, I have bad days and I continue to log. I do not understand fighting the same 5 pounds for months. I added exercise within the last 6 weeks and no difference.
It is challenging to stay motivated.
Advice---
Shana

Replies

• sangail
    sangail Posts: 2
    I have the very same problem, I struggle to lose 2 ponds during the week only to gain it back over the weekend. I just can't seem to find a way to stay on track over the weekend or holidays. I also have been stuck at 175 for some time now just can't seem to get below that.
  • elizner
    elizner Posts: 14
    If you want feedback from people on here you really will have to reveal your food/exercise diary. :-)
  • BellaMJ
    BellaMJ Posts: 11 Member
    This is all a process... you have to burn more calories than you consume...but with the goal of keeping the deficit no more than 500 calories per day- or your body might start holding on to the weight... The other options would be to reduce or eliminate processed foods of all kinds and go with fruits and vegetables that have had less chemical exposure while they were growing... Typically like a paleo diet. Don't give up, this is a lifestyle change.