Team Fit- April

Options
I'm starting this group a little late in the month but I will make a new thred once May is here! I wanted to see if anyone wanted to join a group! I have some friends that will be here from our last group so if you need motivation or support, look no further! We will set daily, weekly and monthy goals and try to help keep each other accountable and motivated! I know the group I was in really helped me. It made me log on every day to say what exercises I did and how long, how much water I drank, etc.... We're here for you and we know you can do it! And we will help!! So if you want to join, just say what you want your goals to be. Here are mine:

Daily: make sure I drink all 8 glasses of water or more, make sure I exercise for at least 45 mins a day, and make sure I eat half of my exercise calories (I'm bad at that)

Weekly: make sure I get in 5 hours of exercise a week and to lose 1 to 2 pounds

Monthly: make sure I lose at least 7 pounds a month to reach my goal of 140 (currently 15 pounds away)

So if you want some help or just like to talk, like me, then join our group!!

Replies

• kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Ariel

I am back.

Great goals - but make sure you don't get down on yourself with that 7 pounds a month. I am finding as I get closer to my goal weight, the weight is slower to come off. You are doing incredible with your weight loss.

My goals:
    Daily - drink at least 8 glasses of water and get back to tracking my calories not going over. Do at least 10 min of yoga stetch each day. Post a message hear at least Monday - Friday

Weekly - at least 45 min 5 times a week of exercise/workout.

Monthly - lose 4 pounds a month

Hope some other folks join.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hey I am back! I would love to join again! My name is Joline. The last time I weighed myself I weighed 166. My weight loss goal is 145 for now.
    My goals are as follow

-8+ glasses of water a day
    -no soda even diet starting now
    -watch my calories closer
    -exercise 5 days a week 30 min a day to start
    -lose 4 pounds a month (I want to stick to something low so I actually have a chance at hitting it)

I am currently really sick with bronchitis :sick: so I am doing my best at working out. I took the past two days off and today I am on and off the treadmill for short increments so I don't wear myself out to much. still getting my exercise, just in increments:wink: !
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    Options
    :smile: Hi - it's Karen and I'm back!
    My goals:
    Log cals & exercise each day; Drink my H20 (the easiest part!)
    Exercise atleast 30 min a day
    Don't think about lbs lost...just concentrate on maintaining a regular exercise program with the right foods!

I'm happy to be back and looking forward to hearing from everyone and staying motivated!!! :laugh:

Ariel - you are a machine, girl!! Congratulations on your weight loss - that's so amazing!!! You are awesome and inspiring!!!! :happy:
    Kim - Hey there! :happy: You're doing great on your weight loss as well - that's so good! Is your family still doing the challenge? How's the job going?
    Joline - happy to see you back as well. Go easy and Get well!
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, seems as though its just us again! but I dont mind as long as you guys are here with me!! :drinker:

I didn't get in any exercise yeterday, it was my rest day. I'm going to go to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and Sunday. And on the days I dont get (except for yesterday) I am going to try to do the 30 day shred. So here's my stuff for today!

today: exercise for at least 45 mins plus my walks and my 8 glasses of water

Joliene- I hope you feel better soon girl! take it easy for a little bit.
    Kim- you're kickin butt!! keep it up!!!
    karen- I know you will do just fine. its just getting started thats the hardest part. give yourself a week and you will be feeling better about it! just dont give up! i know you can do it!!

Well girls i've gotta get working so have a great Wednesday and stay focused!!! :bigsmile:
  • kholmes
    Options
    Good morning

Tuesday: I got in 10 glasses of water and was even on calories. I did not get in a formal workout because it was my day off but I did manage two mini walks during the day

Wednesday: I got up this morning (barely) and made it through my 38 min Burn Circuit 2. I am going to try and walk again today, but it is really windy and getting cold out. What is with this weather - don't they know it is April

Ariel - you are doing great and are our great cheerleader.
    Joliene - I hope you feel better soon
    Karen - welcome back you too. I think you are on the right track with not thinking about the lbs and just focusing on the food and exercise. My families competition ended Monday. I was third. My sister kicked out butties - but she totally deserves it. It was great that we all came together for a common goal. Everyone did loss weight so that was great too.

See everyone tomorrow morning.
  • kholmes
    Options
    Happy Thursday

So Wednesday I finished up the day 100 calories over. But I drank my water and did my workout

Thursday - was up at 5:30 and did 45 min of Burn Intervals. I just calculated what I plan to eat today and I should be under. So I am doing good.

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday and a great Thursday.
  • jolinemariem
    Options
    Tue- I drank 2 glasses of water
    - got 20 mins of exercise
    - drank diet soda
    -went over my calorie goal:frown:
    Wed-I drank 1 glass of water
    -got no exercise
    -drank diet soda
    -went over my calorie goals:frown:

WHEN I POST FOR TODAY IT WILL BE BETTER. I PROMISE. SO WHEN ARE WE WEIGHING IN? I THINK WE SHOULD DO IT LIKE EVERY 2 WEEKS OR ONCE A MONTH. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT BUT FOR ME IF I HAVE TO TELL SOMEONE I THINK IT WILL KEEP ME ON TRACK MORE THAN IF I DIDN'T. THIS IS NOT MY OFFICIAL POST FOR TODAY BUT I GOT 50 MINUTES OF CARDIO TODAY:smile: . I AM 1/4 OF THE WAY WITH MY WATER AND AM ON TRACK FOR MY FOOD EVEN THOUGH I HAD DIET AND REGULAR SODAY TODAY:blushing: . BUT TODAY IS BETTER THEN THE LAST TWO DAYS. I AM STARTING TO FEEL BETTER. NOT HACKING STUFF UP OR SNEEZING AND MY THROAT DOESN'T HURT. BUT IM STILL STUFFED UP AND MY CHEST FEELS TIGHT SOMETIMES:sick: . WELL HOPEFULLY TODAY WILL BE AS GOOD AS I EXPECT. TTYT.

OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! AND THE 16th OF THIS MONTH WAS 9 MONTHS WITHOUT A CIG!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::wink: :happy: :tongue: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • aabelein
    Options
    WAY TO GO JOLINE!!!!:flowerforyou: :glasses: :drinker: 9 months without a cig is fantastic!

Well I didnt exercise yesterday and I'm not doing it roday either.... i know its bad. but on friday I have an appointment with the personal trainer so hopefully once i do that and she is able to tell me what to work on, i will get back into things and stick with them! i'm trying but i'm so tired of doing this that im not as disciplined as i used to be. i'm 3 pounds from my "goal" but i keep telling myself to lose 10 more pounds so really im 13 pounds away. :frown: well im trying to eat good so at least i'm doing that for now. i hope everyone else is doing better than i am right now! haha. stick with it everyone!

kim- bummer you came in 3rd, but 3rd is still awesome!! besides it was more about getting healither than winning so great job to you and your family! :bigsmile:
  • jolinemariem
    Options
    Thu-3 glasses of water:ohwell:
    -diet soda and soda:ohwell:
    -50 min of cardio:happy:
    -under my calorie goals:happy:

THANKS!!! I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!! AND KIM THIRD IS GREAT.
  • jolinemariem
    Options
    Just weighed myself.:indifferent:
    Since the end of last month (which was my last weigh in) I have lost 2 pounds!:happy:
    And that was after eating breakfast!
    HAPPY DANCE!! I am now 164
  • kholmes
    Options
    Thursday: great on water, 38 min workout, even calories

Friday: Got up and did Burn Circuit 3 for 32 min. Thanks to all of you because the only reason I was able to make it out of bed was because I knew I had to check in here.

Joliene - great job on cigs and 2 pounds is a great success. I am dancing for you too:happy:

Ariel - hope your personal trainer helps you lose the last of your weight.

Have a good weekend everyone. I may not post until Monday. I will see if I can get on the computer over the weekend.
  • Candue
    Candue Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I was looking for just this type of group.

I don't believe I ever posted before but I've been using myfitnesspal on and off for years now. I'm over 40 so weight loss is a little more difficult but if I can get things to 'click', I'll lose the weight easily. I've struggled with my weight on and off for years. A couple years ago we (me & hubby) did Jenny Craig. I got down to 125, my goal. Then it started to creep back up and up and up. Every time we went to JC for a weigh-in we were told to go back on the plan 100%. Finally we were running out of money! Then we quit and it hit me how I had forgotten even the smallest of things to prepare food in a healthy way. It's taken time and I gained every pound back besides a few so I'm a little down. I stress eat and am currently looking for work, have been for some months now. It's VERY stressful. So the pounds keep going on. ugh! I decided today that if I found a group just starting, I'd give it another try. So I'm really greatful to have found you all here!

Good luck to everyone!

Weekly goal (only one week left in April so this is my April goal as well):
    -track all intake
    -exercise 4 days, a minimum of 30 min (can have time to adjust if I get a job)
    -8+ glasses water daily
    -no diet soda UGH!!! LORD this will be hard but I need to do it!
    -avoid gum and tic tacs as well
    -lose 3-5 lbs this week to start
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    Options
    :smile: happy Monday!
    I was too busy to get online this weekend and I didn't log my food like I should have. Instead of going back, I'm starting fresh today. I did manage to get in 30 minutes exercise each day. I drank all my water, too. :drinker:

Welcome candu! Everyone here has had their ups and downs with weight loss; we all know we have times we aren't going to do well, but the biggest thing is we keep trying and help each other stay accountable. I just came back recently and it's a great team to help keep you motivated!

jolinne-hope you feel better. congrats on the 2lb loss!
    kim - 3rd is awesome and healthy is even more awesome!
    ariel - you are doing an amazing job at staying motivated! keep it up, girl - just a few more lbs to go for you!!!!

stay strong today everyone!
  • aabelein
    Options
    Good morning team!! :smile:

Hope you all had a nice weekend! Mine was good. I went to see the movie Remember me last night and it was SOOOOO GOOD! Not to mention Robbert Pattinson was soooo HOT! :blushing: :bigsmile: hehe

Well I've been bad all week and all weekend so now I've gotta get back into it! I keep saying that but I'm serious this time! So I hope you all can help me stick to it!

today: 75 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water

Candu: Welcome to the team! I'm Ariel so if you ever need to talk or vent or need motivation, dont hesitate to ask! because I know how difficult it can be at times! Just think positive and get your mind in the right set! You can totally do this! :drinker:

I'm gonna do it! I am! And you all better do it too!!! Good luck and stay positive!!! :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • aabelein
    Options
    PS CAndue is that your kitty as your pic?!?!?! ITS FREAKING ADORABLE!!!!
  • kholmes
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Welcome Candue. We are happy to have another memeber. We are here to support each other and we will give you the motivation to keep going.

Karen & Ariel - I am glad you are both back on track for the start of a new week. I know that you both will keep up this week.

Saturday: I drank my water and got in 40 min of workout. I did have ice cream, but only a little. I haven't input the weekend food, but I think I stayed within calories.

Sunday: Drank all my water and got in 35 min of workout, plus housework. Once again, I did not put in food, but I think I am good.

Monday: Got up at 5:10 (better than last week) and did my 35 min of Burn Circuit 1 and 20 min Turbo Jam - YEAH.

I plan to have a great week and hope you all do too. I will see you tomorrow morning.
  • aabelein
    Options
    Morning team!!! :drinker:

Kim it seems like you kicked some major *kitten* yesterday! Great job! :glasses: I wish I could get up early and exercise. I would love to but I'm not a morning person. I have to be to work at 7 and I swear, I get out of bed at 6:30! ahahaha:laugh:

yesterday: 25 mins of exercise with the 30 day shred and 8 glasses of water. I felt like doing the dvd yesterday and man was it hard! I couldnt even make it through all the way. I had to stop a few times and my legs felt like they weighed 1000 pounds, I could hardly life them up. It sucked! So that means that I should go to the gym 4 days a week and the days I dont go I should do the dvd. So thats what I will do. But Im glad I at least did that because I wasnt going to. So I need to keep reminding myself that Im not at my goal yet so I have to keep it up. but at least I ate good yesterday! yay!! :flowerforyou:

today: 60 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water. I am going to the gym today since my sister is coming with.

well I hope everyone has a great day today! Anyone watching the playoffs?!?! The Suns are kicking some major *kitten*! I love it! GO SUNS!!! And I'm sorry Karen I know you live in Texas but I hate the Spurs! lol. They knock the Suns out of the play offs pretty much every year so I'm hoping they lose even though they are winning their series......... BOOOO! haha :glasses:
  • kholmes
    Options
    Monday - ended the day under calories, 10 glasses of water, and 60 min of workout

Tuesday - was a rest day so I did not get up and workout. I did walk about 20 min in the wind this morning going to and from a meeting. On track with water and calories. Will check back tomorrow

Ariel - glad you go your workout in. It sounds like you had a good one. What did the personal trainer tell you?

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday
  • aabelein
    Options
    Hi team!! :flowerforyou:

Well I haven't been exercising like I should but at least I am still getting something in. I did the 30 day shred again yesterday. I am going to the gym today and I was thinking about doing the shred before I go. That way I dont have to put in as much time at the gym. So I was thinking for the shred 27 mins and then doing the cross trainer for like 30 to 45 mins. You burn so many calories on that thing! :glasses: :bigsmile: I have been eating good this week so far too so Im happy about that.

Kim- I didnt get to see the trainer. I didnt make it to my appointment. I was sore and wasnt in the mood to go. lol :laugh: But I need to reschedule it. I'll probably do that today when I go there.

Yesterday: 30 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water
    today: 65 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! Half way through the week now! Hang in there!! :drinker: :glasses: :smile:
  • kholmes
    Options
    Tuesday: 10 glasses water, even on calories, 35 min of walking throughout the day

Wednesday: got up this morning and did Burn Circut 2 and 20 min Turbo Jam

I am considering a heart rate monitor. Anyone know anything about them?