Is my body telling me this is it?

Options
Ok... Here’s my question.
I started working out and eating well diligently since May of 2009. I reached below my goal weight (which I was very happy with) approximately 7 months after starting my journey. Recently, I went up a couple of pounds (I guess because now I don’t want to weigh myself) and my clothes, although not to small, are fitting just a tad bit tighter than previously. After reaching my goal weight/size, I upped my calorie intake and reduced my workouts. When I noticed the changes I went back to my former diet and resumed my workouts. Now, I have not been able to get back down to my former smaller size (which is about a 2-4 difference). I have tried taking a break and resuming dieting. I have increased my workouts to an hour a day and drinking plenty of water. My diet consists of plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean protein, healthy fats and minimal starches (bread, cereal, etc. which are always whole grain). My workouts include high impact aerobics twice a week, running once a week, weight training twice a week and yoga once a week all for about an hour.

Is my body telling me that this is the weight it’s most comfortable? Because I would figure that with all that I am doing, the inches should still be dropping off.

Thanks in advance for your advice and comments.

Replies

• HalloweenMom
    Options
    Maybe...
    I'm so scared that my body won't lose weight this time like it did before :/ Oh Oh
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Without knowing your stats, what you weigh, body fat, those kinds of things it's really hard to tell.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    It depends...how do you feel physically? My mom used to feel sluggesh and tired at what was supposed to be her goal weight. When she gained 5 pounds she felt better, but had to keep her weight there. Any higher or lower and she felt badly.
    Of course, your body may be resisting the weight loss attempts. Maybe try a different workout routine or something.
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    your body can't deliberately put weight on because it feels 'uncomfortable' or not - you will only ever gain weight through taking in too many calories.