Any good lunch ideas? Calories around 300-350

Options
13»

Replies

• weightingtobloom
    weightingtobloom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love hummus with lots of fresh veggies and whole grain pita. Also, I like to mix a big batch of quinoa, chickpeas, and steamed veggies with lots of spices.
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Baked beans (Morrisons seem to be lowest at 136cals for 1/2 tin) and two poached eggs. Very filling despite not having any bread.
  • brianhart103
    brianhart103 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One thing I've found works really well for me ('cause I'm always on the go) is having a few meal bars with you while you're out and about. My favorite is the Clif brand. Their stuff is, for the most part, organic; they have a few different types of bars (granola, trail mix, cookie-style, and the original - which I'm not really sure how you'd classify); and there's a large variety to choose from (plus, I can't think of a single flavor I don't like). The ones highest in calories are only 250, but they also have a low glycemic index, so they fill you up for quite some time (one will last me three, sometimes four, hours, and I'm a pretty big guy). I use them for meal substitutes.

I will still eat one or two small meals a day that are 'normal' food, but the rest of most days is Clif bars, and it is probably the change MOST responsible for my weight loss. Hope this helps!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    One thing I've found works really well for me ('cause I'm always on the go) is having a few meal bars with you while you're out and about. My favorite is the Clif brand. Their stuff is, for the most part, organic; they have a few different types of bars (granola, trail mix, cookie-style, and the original - which I'm not really sure how you'd classify); and there's a large variety to choose from (plus, I can't think of a single flavor I don't like). The ones highest in calories are only 250, but they also have a low glycemic index, so they fill you up for quite some time (one will last me three, sometimes four, hours, and I'm a pretty big guy). I use them for meal substitutes.

I will still eat one or two small meals a day that are 'normal' food, but the rest of most days is Clif bars, and it is probably the change MOST responsible for my weight loss. Hope this helps!

I love CLIF bars! I have them with fruit as breakfast often. A couple years back, I dropped 15 lbs. just switching to that breakfast. Mmm...now I want a coconut chocolate chip one.