Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight Loss, Inches and pants size

This isn't a which should I go by question but a can someone explain this to me kind of question...

So, I've ALMOST lost 10 lbs. I'm hoping that by the end of next week, I will.
And I have lost inches. At least an inch in the waist and butt/hips.
And my pants don't feel 'that' much looser. The 12s are somewhat more comfortable now but you would think that almost 10 lbs (I know my ticker only says 2 lbs but that's a long story...) would feel a little more different. At 180, the 12s were getting uncomfortable.

Any ideas of what's going on?

Backstory on the 10 lbs. vs. 2 lbs:
I joined MFP at a lower weight and then proceeded to gain weight up to 180 or almost, I stopped looking when it got near 180. So now I'm back down to around 172 - 173 or so... So I'm counting in my head as 'almost' 10 lbs.

Replies

• christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    I've lost 36 lbs. and I'm only down 2... almost 3 pant sizes. The next size down is still too snug. Working on it, though! I think it all depends your body shape. My friend is 25 lbs. less than me and she wears a size bigger than me all because she is "hippy".
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I've lost 20 lb and my pants are looser and that's about it. Oh I can put it a few of them on without undoing the snaps even straight from the dryer, which is something I guess, but they're not falling off or anything. When I started, the others were getting uncomfortable. Now they just fit well. All the same size (18), just not the same brand.

It sucks, but I guess I'll lose a size eventually. I carry most of my weight in my hips and belly. The pants legs are way too wide in comparison. It's awful.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    You have probably lost your 10lbs else where rather than the hips and belly region. are your tops a bit loose? What about your watch and shoes?

Im losing my inches from my face, neck, arms and feet lol all the places I didnt want to lose from first!! :p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Ditto. I lost a bra size (not the cup of course). Pretty much not my priority to lose from.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    I've lost about 4 pounds (losing more size than pounds right now) and my jeans are loose. I don't muffin over the top any more :laugh: but my pants were definitely uncomfortable :ohwell: Near as I can figure, I haven't gone down a size yet because I was really pushing the limits of those 31's.

Now they're comfortable and I am blissfully unaware of the waist band (I carry most of my weight in my middle).
    I'm also losing from my back, shoulders, upper arms, face annnnd feet too :laugh: As this downward trend continues, I'm looking forward to having a waist again.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    I did not go down a pant size until I lost 20 lbs.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I've lost over 30 - my pants fit EXACTLY the same. The body doesn't always do what we want and takes the weight from where it chooses.
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    I have lost 2 pant sizes because of losing inches. I have gone from a 16 to a 12 in one month, and just 5 pounds. I am pear shaped so carry the weight in my belly, butt and thighs.
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    2 pants sizes! Wow! Jealous!