Polar FT4 or FT7?

Options
Hi

I know this is been asked a few times but I am not sure which one to get based on my needs. I took a fitness test to find out my ideal target heart rate.

When looking at the 2 products it really seems that there are 2 real difference between them

FT4
HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm
Training files (with summaries) – 10

FT7
Training files (with summaries) – 99
Polar EnergyPointer

I don't list the fact that FT7 can sync to some online website as it is another $50+ to get that feature to work.

I really don't see the Training files count being that important to me as without being able to sync to something, I highly doubt that I would compare all 99 files between each other through the watch.

So I probably will have to find some site to manually put that information that maybe has reports and stuff to visualize that data.

So it comes down to one feature "HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm" vs "Polar EnergyPointer"

I am not sure which is better for my needs. On one hand I know what heart rates I need to be so having it beep or whatever when I reach would be great since then I don't have to constantly check to see if I am in the right zone.(but if I would wear it all day and it would start beeping at work or something that would be weird).

The "Polar EnergyPointer" seems to tell you that your fat burning zone based on some chart. So I am not sure if it will really benefit me.

Replies

• Phiasmommy12
    Options
    Being a woman I just purchased the Polar FT4 on amazon, it's supposed to be here tomorrow! I currently have the F6 and LOVED IT!!! The reason I bought a new one is because I lost the chest strap and it was about the same price to just buy a whole new monitor. I think the FT4 is pretty much the same thing and its cheaper!
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. It is easy to use and does exactly what I want. A friend has the 7 and literally, a little text just pops up on her watch face that says something like "Fitness" or "Fat Burn". I know what those zones are for me anyway so I can tell just by a quick glance at my watch since I keep it on the HRZ display while I am working out. Also, you can turn the beep off or on. It annoys me LOL
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the differences between them, but I bought the FT4 a few months ago and I'm very happy with it.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and it's been amazing.

I've had the FT1 and the Timex Easy Trainer HRMs in the past and the FT7 has been wonderful.
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I've had my Polar FT4 HRM for a little over a week now and it worked well up until last night when registered my HR as 0 right in the middle of my Insanity workout. Hopefully that was a one time thing and won't happen again tonight.