NSV in Compost Bin

Options
So for the next two days I will be taking a comprehensive 10 hour (5 each day) exam.
My friend told me to just "let loose' and buy and eat whatever I want.
I tried to resist this but eventually I gave in.
I went to Trader Joe's today and bought:
1 bag Sour Cream Puffs
1 bag of peanut butter pretzels
1 bag of cheesy crunchy sticks
1 bag of Peanut Butter Crackers
1 bag of cheese crackers
1 bag of tortellini
1 bag of fruit strips.

I came home and went to town! I divided it all up for each of the days and started with today. I ate as I went. I also brought a mixed bag to the library to study.
At the library I had a "come to" moment." I realized that I really didn't want to eat all the food but if I kept it then I would.

So... I just came home, and dumped it in my compost bin.... almost $20 worth of snacks!!! I had to shake up the compost bin so I wouldn't eat it back... yuck... I know.
I kept the tortellini and the fruit strips. I calculated this to be 660 calories for each day. That is ok for lunch - the exam is 9-2pm.

So... I don't know at what part this become ridiculous... but seeing all that food piled in one place and thinking of it as calories... was a first experience for me.

Now I am back to normal. I hope to pass this exam and still feel good about myself. I am learning other ways to feel good than just through food. Relaxation feels good when something this stressful is in my life.

thanks for reading.

Replies

• Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    At first blush I am sad because I really like Trader Joe's food. ( ha ha) But good for you...you know that you can eat well to keep your brain fueled without eating cr@p. The worms will love the puffs, pretzels and crackers. And you will love yourself for not going there. I also smell a little friend diet sabotage....just saying....
  • dkmsindependent
    dkmsindependent Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is good to know about the worms. At least it will be recycled back into the earth!
    Yes, I know the intention was good but being in being told to eat whatever... I certainly did!
    Thanks for the response :)

P.S. Trader Joes is great... in moderation.
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Good for you! It's so easy to eat mindlessly during long exams. When I sat for my CPA I ate two gallons of snack mix, with chocolate, in three days. And all that stuff was going to waste if you ate what you didn't need.

Good luck on the exam. Take a walk during the break if you can. It will clear your mind and unkink your body.
  • dkmsindependent
    dkmsindependent Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It's encouraging to read that it happened to you too.
    Day one is over and I am wiped!
    One more day left... my food is already prepared!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!