Frustrated ...

Options
I am having a very hard time reach my 1200 cal mark always way under...not good and I haven't even added my exercise ...Diary is open pls have a look and tell me what I can do better .Thanks in advance

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    How bout eating more healthy snacks? And who recommended a 1200-cal diet to you?
  • drumerdude
    Options
    You could try making shakes (Like banana and strawberry or something) to add in calories
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Maybe add some oatmeal to your breakfast and add some nut butters to your apples or bananas
  • yorlan
    yorlan Posts: 2
    Options
    Try adding more healthy fats. Avocado,Almonds,coconut oil...So on. They are good for you and also high in calories to help you reach your calorie intake goals.
  • LisaDec1969
    LisaDec1969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    maybe fp figured that out when I joined ?? Still fairly new here gosh if I am having a hard time with 1200 cals it would be harder with more cals :( I have shakes on some days but still missin something so afraid to gain rather than loose.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Change your bread to a yummy nutty one. My bread is 130 cal a slice and so delicious. Add salad dressing and avacados, eat chcolate covered almonds 200 cals an ounce, peanut butter on apples. I could go on and on. Alcohol:drinker:

Eat More and Move More to Lose More.:wink:
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    OK, are you sure you only ate one-tenth of an ounce of banana chips? Because that's about one and I can never eat just one. I am only focusing on this because I wonder if you are logging your food accurately.
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Switch from "diet" bread to regular whole grain bread, replace the non-fat yogurt with regular yogurt will give you a good start.
  • Trilby16
    Options
    Maybe add some oatmeal to your breakfast and add some nut butters to your apples or bananas

And there's always Nutella!
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Add some healthy fats like avocado and nuts. Some dairy would be good too. And if you are on 1200 calories a day I would recommend eating your exercise calories back.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.
  • smitty24
    smitty24 Posts: 63
    Options
    OK, are you sure you only ate one-tenth of an ounce of banana chips? Because that's about one and I can never eat just one. I am only focusing on this because I wonder if you are logging your food accurately.

^This.

Your diary for Monday is ok. And it's above the 1200. Your diary for Tuesday appears very low in intake for breakfast & lunch. Eat more early if you're struggling through the day.
  • LisaDec1969
    Options
    Yes I had never tried them before and a friend gave me 1 and they weren't my thing so 1 it was lol
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Nuts help. A little nut butter here and there is okay too. I often have nuts with breakfast or for a snack. Avocados are also great for healthy fats and will add calories.

Do you normally eat this way or just when you are trying to lose weight? What are some things you have given up since watching your calories? You might not have to give up everything you think you have to...
  • Trilby16
    Options
    Yes I had never tried them before and a friend gave me 1 and they weren't my thing so 1 it was lol

Got it! So you're SUPER-accurate.:tongue:
  • LisaDec1969
    Options
    I bought avacodos today never had them before and not exactly sure "how" to eat them and with what ?
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Maybe some healthy fats and carbs? (avocado, bananas, etc.?)
  • LisaDec1969
    Options
    Yes very accurate don't wanna cheat myself ...... And a burger sounds wonderful :)
  • Trilby16
    Options
    I bought avacodos today never had them before and not exactly sure "how" to eat them and with what ?

Do you like guacamole? You eat it with chips. I bake corn tortillas to make chips. They're very good.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    How about some ice cream?