Advice

Options
Well ok, I went from about ~200 back about a year and a half ago to a 'normal' 140 at 5'8". Then something snapped, and I became anorexic purging type with ~100-500 calories a day bringing me down to 120. However, realizing that laxatives and starving were losing me my hair, my sanity, and ability to even use the loo on my own, I decided to quite ~3 weeks ago - after I had already ordered my wedding gown and everything. Well now, I am about 138-140 again, with a size 6 wedding gown that I'm terrified won't fit in time.... Will my weight go back towards where it was when I was measure (exactly 125/126), or am I doomed to have to pay up for the size by June/July...?

Thanks!
Also, if anyone here has hope for sing the bathroom normally, or not gaining on ~1300 cals a day... that'd be amazing.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You need to talk to a professional about this.

A doctor, counselor, nutritionist - or some combination of the three.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Second this. <3
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I agree about talking to a professional.

I wanted to answer this with personal experience, but as I was typing I realized... You are only 3 weeks into quitting this destructive behaviour, and I dont want to say the wrong thing that sends you back on an unhealthy path.

My thoughts are with you :flowerforyou: Stay Strong!

http://www.eatingdisordersanonymous.org/
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You should friend my mom, stella1314. She was a bulimic for most of her adult life and she is losing weight on about 1300 calories a day. She's 56.

She's my hero.

Like others said though, if you have the means, please go see someone about it as well. You need to be able to talk about your triggers with someone knowledgeable in eating disorders.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Lora speaks the truth... Good luck!