Eating Out Daily and Dreading It

Options
kak1018
kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
I have a problem. This is going to sound strange but I like to cook and prepare my own food at home. I was brought up that dining out is a "treat" and something you do on occassion not part of your daily routine. I have a rather social job, one in which I do a lot of networking with various individuals, groups, committees, ect... Many events and meetings revolve around food and I am tired of it and dread these meetings daily. I do pretty good restraining myself I can resist donuts, cookies, candy, cakes, no problem, can find healthy choices for lunch, and schedule meetings for coffee instead of lunch whenever possible, sometimes I have to do the dreaded chicken dinner circuit and have no control over that. I feel like all I do is plan and prepare how to make good choices when I would give anything to eat at home or bring something I prepared with me.

Does anyone else face these challenges? It is exhausting!!!

Replies

• kak1018
    Options
    I have a problem. This is going to sound strange but I like to cook and prepare my own food at home. I was brought up that dining out is a "treat" and something you do on occassion not part of your daily routine. I have a rather social job, one in which I do a lot of networking with various individuals, groups, committees, ect... Many events and meetings revolve around food and I am tired of it and dread these meetings daily. I do pretty good restraining myself I can resist donuts, cookies, candy, cakes, no problem, can find healthy choices for lunch, and schedule meetings for coffee instead of lunch whenever possible, sometimes I have to do the dreaded chicken dinner circuit and have no control over that. I feel like all I do is plan and prepare how to make good choices when I would give anything to eat at home or bring something I prepared with me.

Does anyone else face these challenges? It is exhausting!!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    We eat out twice a week. One is date night and one is family night. The other times is prepared at home and a movie....

I take my breakfast nad lunch to work and get laughed at. Oh well, shame on them.

It's always healthy but at least one day a week, I have good 'ol southern comfort.

I remember when I had a high p[rofile job for 8 1/2 years and it killed me. I gained so much weight until I, "stopped the insanity", and decided I did not want to be a fat cat in a suit.......

Been there, done that.

Get a freezy ice and a lunch box and fill it full so no matter what you are into that day, I.E., meetings, do it your way.......
  • kak1018
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! Yesterday just threw me for a loop, I had a lunch meeting and we had Mexican food. I was good ordered a black bean burrito and only ate about a quarter of it but I was so uncomfortable for the rest of the day I was angry. I am going to start carrying a lunch if I get laughed at bring it on!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Do what you have to do to meet your goals. Those that laugh at you are just jealous of your self-control and willpower.:wink:
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Do what you have to do to meet your goals. Those that laugh at you are just jealous of your self-control and willpower.:wink:
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: