how to track exercise

s8523
s8523 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
how would you guys put in for a video? I did the Biggest Loser last chance workout and i have no clue how to put it in to track the calories burned....any suggestions?

Replies

• You could log it as calisthenics...check that out...
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    When I do workout DVDs, I create my own exercise with the name of the DVD, length of the workout and then list the calories burned according to my HRM. Hope that helps!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    The best thing would be to get a heart rate monitor (general board consensus is check out the Polar F4,6, or 9 - I have a 6 and LOVE it). Then I just put in something similar to what I am doing (i use step aerobics a lot to cover general aerobic classes (since it is easily available in my most used lineup) or "walking" for things like working in the house or garden or playing with my son (outside of my normal base calorie count) and manually enter the time and the calories). A HRM will help you be really exact on the calories so you don't over or under eat your cals (just remember to subtract what you would have burned anyway from the exercise count - usually 50-100 less than the watch says)
This discussion has been closed.