Workout Music playlist

Options
Hi,
I usually listen to my Ipod when I workout, and I've been meaning to make a workout playlist. I want it to be large enough that I won't be listening to the same songs all the time. Any suggestions? I want music that is upbeat and will get me moving. New or old is fine as long as it fun.

Replies

• fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    Look up Jock Jams... they are all fast paced.....
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    Hmmm...what about the new Black Eyed Peas song, "Imma Be"? That always helps to get me moving.

On your iPod, you can download AOL Music and Podcasts that play great mixes of workout music. The songs don't have any crazy lyrics and keep you moving.
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    my playlist has lots of lady gaga, fall out boy, brittny spears, lustra

and for music to really get into a good head space and focus, Tegan and Sarah.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I like using the genius play list I have for Techno. I like the consistency of the beat and, of course, they're fast. :)
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I find that at the minute i'm listening to "pink" while on the X trainer. shhhhh don't tell anyone :O)
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My IPOD is full of angry rock music for weight lifting such as Rammstein,black sabbath and rage against the machine. But I have got a sense of humor so it also as the theme from rocky (whenever this comes on I have to pick up the next heaviest weight) the theme from shaft (feeling all sexy and cooooool) and Dolly's 9 to 5 (well its fun).
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    I like most black eyed peas, prodigy, zumba fitness songs.....oh and Kaskade, move for me is my new favorite workout song. Good luck there are tons of great options ; )
  • borisda
    Options
    oh I forgot the prodigy, that works for me
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Anything by Deadmau5 is great for working out.... if you can find a set to D/L even better!
  • swiater4
    swiater4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also like the angry rock music! My playlist has Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Sevendust, Rage Against the Machine....BUT that is not for everyone. I like the fast paced music with heavy beats, really gets me going!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My #1 fav at this moment...I like that BOOM BOOM POW them chickens jocking my style, they trying to copy my swagger...
    Love it! Can listen to it over and over....

Swith by Will Smith ....Fast beat and makes you want to dance or move fast
    Get Low by Lil JOhn
    Headsprung by LL Cool J...okay beat
    Crazy in Love by Beyonce love the beat
    Get me bodied by Beyonce. love the beat makes me want to dance
    Deja Vu by Beyonce makes me want to dance
    ***Single Ladies by Beyonce love it makes me want to dance
    Radio by Beyonce
    Get Busy by Sean Paul makes me want to dance
    Turn my swag on Remix by Keri Hilson
    So Gone by MOnica
    Please Don't Stop the Music by Rihanna
    How You Remind by NIckelback
    Rockstar by Nickelback

Alot of the songs on my playlists helps me stay motivated...As you can tell I like dance music but I can't dance at all!
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This may sound silly, but what kind of music do you like?? i'm very ecletic, everything from rock, hip hip, country, punk, 80s, oldies... seriously everything lol. I have a playlist of about 130 songs and i update it regularly but i still find myself getting bored. If you give me a genre i can probably give you some good music... also if you search the message board for music you will probably find a ton of topics on here with songs already recommended.

Some of my recently added songs:
    Hot Mess by Cobra Starship
    Show Love by Hollis Brown
    Airplanes by BoB feat Hayley Williams
    Prelude 12/21 - AFI (it's short but it's a great one to get pumped up to)
    Whyyawannabringmedown - Kelly Clarkson
    Hot Revolver - Little Wayne
    Knockout - Little Wayne & Nicki Minaj
    Hit me with your Best Shot - Pat Benetar (see, i throw a little 80s in)
    How Far do you Wanna Go? - Gloriana (Country)
    18 Wheeler - Pink
    So What - Pink
    Shake It - MetroStation
    No Limit - 2 Unlimited (very jock jams like)
    plus almost anything by GreenDay, Yellowcard, and Fall Out Boy
  • rori20
    rori20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My absolute 100% no-fail list of workout music awesomeness is my collection of Thrive-Mix CDs. They are fast-paced remixes of hit songs from the last three decades. They keep up a steady BPM (Beats per minute) and actually flow smoothly from one song to the next, so the beat never stops! Get these amazing CDs. I LOVE Them.

I only own 2 and 3, but I'm sure they're all good.

This is the link to them on Amazon. You can listen to the samples there, but it doesn't do them justice. http://www.amazon.com/Thrive-Mix-Mixed-Vic-Latino/dp/B000EQHX8M
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Black Eyed Peas
    Bif Naked
    Aerosmith
    Guns n Roses
    Philosopher Kings
    Elvis Presley (seriously)
    Johnny Cash
    some technoey dance crap my hubby put on there
    Papa Roach
    Michael Jackson
  • borisda
    Options
    It's costing me a fortune having this thread and Itunes open at the same time. But I can't wait to try them out.
  • Andi_Mo
    Options
    It's costing me a fortune having this thread and Itunes open at the same time. But I can't wait to try them out. :laugh:

Me too Borisda! :tongue:
  • Andi_Mo
    Options
    It's costing me a fortune having this thread and Itunes open at the same time. But I can't wait to try them out. :laugh:

Me too Borisda! :tongue:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It's costing me a fortune having this thread and Itunes open at the same time. But I can't wait to try them out.

Oh yeah. I'm going to have the same problem, later.
  • borisda
    Options
    Oh no Itunes is backing up now. You lot get of it you've stopped it ,
    only kidding : ))
  • borisda
    Options
    Marilyn Manson

Tainted love
    Fight song
    and for the really freaky Sweet dreams