Ladies interested in guy at gym - how do you act?

Options
Ladies, I have a question for you. Personally, if you are interested in a guy at the gym, how do you act? Do you just go about your routine, do you make eye contact, work out near him,,, etc. Just curious to hear everyone's different techniques haha

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I can't help but ask, have you met this woman?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/920424-i-approached-my-gym-crush
  • dave033811
    Options
    No
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Eye contact...you straight up rape a guy with just your eyes...luckily most of them like it ♡
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    No

Well, so much for serendipity. :laugh:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    First few times: make eye contact, smile, say "hello".

Next time: compliment him on his perfect form, ask him to critique my form.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm all about acting normal IN the gym. I'm there to work out, so I don't let anyone distract me. I will notice you, without you knowing I have, and I'll sneakily find out what car is yours in the parking lot; if I'm really interested, you'll find a post-in note on your windshield. The gym is like work, I don't mix business with pleasure, but outside of it's walls is fair game.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    No

Well, so much for serendipity. :laugh:

bwhahaha... Nice work though.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I kick a** in my workout. If he notices, good for me, if not, oh well. I personally will not go out of my way for a guy at the gym. I'm there to get sh** done.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Lol I was thinking the same thing
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It's hard. I currently really like someone at my gym, a friend of mine.

I personally do not want to show my interest because I don't want to make things uncomfortable for either of us. So I just try to go about my business. Will smile at him and engage in the small conversations but nothing I wouldn't do with anybody else.

Makes it really hard to give my workouts the attention they deserve though. Especially when he offers to spot me. Ha!!!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    flirt your *kitten* off
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If I was interested, there would be eye contact to start. If you smiled at me, I'd probably smile back. When approached, there would be smiling and a willingness to talk. If I wasn't interested, I would be sending out the prickly vibes - or it would appear that I was serious about my workout and too busy to talk.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    Personally, I'm all about acting normal IN the gym. I'm there to work out, so I don't let anyone distract me. I will notice you, without you knowing I have, and I'll sneakily find out what car is yours in the parking lot; if I'm really interested, you'll find a post-in note on your windshield. The gym is like work, I don't mix business with pleasure, but outside of it's walls is fair game.
    im going to agree whole heartly.. i dont look at anyone i dont talk to anyone im there to do my job and thats it.. talk to me after thats fine.. approach me while im in the middle of something and you usually wouldnt like the response.. people are there to work out. The last thing they need is someone breaking their mental focus..
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am going to say..... Strong eye contact is a good idea, but not to over interested. Maybe just when you enter or leave the gym. Kick Butt in your work out, that always draws the right attention. Stay focused but have a welcoming attitude. A smile never hurts, Don`t get flirty that will totally blow you cover. LOL
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Rape the **** out of him with my eyes.. And try to work-out near him lol
  • cinthyathreeohfive
    Options
    i don't show interest. just do my workout, and maybe look through the corner of my eye
  • ericmessier
    ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you have a "gym crush", you're obviously going to the gym for the wrong reasons.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of rape in this thread. Why not seek out consensual eye love making?
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm too focused on my running to notice anyone at the gym.