How do you stop yourself from overeating?

Options
13»

Replies

• csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My question is - are you eating enough throughout the day? If you are chronically undereating it could cause you to binge at night. Figure out your TDEE - 20% and make sure you are eating enough calories.
  • Miss_Jenna
    Options
    It all comes down to food planning. Make time to portion out your food during the day. Every time I feel hungry at night I drink loads of water. I feel guilty eating past 7pm.
  • JoPress
    JoPress Posts: 4
    Options
    Eat a small healthy snack and drink a glass of water then immediately go brush your teeth or have a strong mint... It'll ruin the taste of anything else you eat after that so further snacking will be pointless (why waste the good snacks when they will taste gross anyway and you're not even hungry.)
  • f1tforever
    f1tforever Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have this posted next to my door so I don't go down to the kitchen at night:

The main cause of failure is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
    Go to BED . Do something else – you will feel so much better and won’t want it tomorrow.

As well as a long list of my goal weight and reasons why I want to lose weight.

It is really tough to break the habit, but you can do it!! Just focus on where you want to go and take it one day at a time :)
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Sleep deprivation messes with your hunger hormones (leptin and grhelin) and can cause binging. Do whatever you can to improve your schedule so you're not pulling all nighters. They're also almost certainly affecting. Your grade point average, because chronic sleep deprivation has massive effects on cognitive skills and reaction times.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I either get on myfitnesspal and look at my total carlories for the day & then I don't want to go over or I go for a walk or both. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    I remind myself how hard I've worked for my body, and how stupid it would be to throw it all away for [insert food craving here].

I think about what kind of effect my craving would have on my body - if it's a healthy food item, I can have it in moderation.

Thankfully now that I'm detoxing, I don't crave the nasty stuff. It just takes a while I think to cycle all of the junk out of your system.