Dessert recipes that will satisfy my post dinner sweet tooth

Options
Anyone got any dessert recipes that will satisfy my post dinner sweet tooth?

I crave something sweet after dinner and have been having chocolate mousse. low calorie but not healthy or nutritious!

Has anyone got any recipes or ideas?

I am in the UK so food available here would be useful but I can try and improvise. Oh and I dont understand how big a 'cup' measurement is?! (Surely it depends on which cup you use?? :-)

Thanks in advance

Replies

• disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    In Australia a cup is 250ml.....does that help? I'll be watching this thread too. thanks for starting it!
  • MelanieAnneWoods
    MelanieAnneWoods Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit with low-fat yoghurt.

OR 5 Baker's Marie Biscuits (119 cal, 3g fat) with a cup of Nestle Milo
  • sarnoldm
    sarnoldm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Meringue nest-50 cals and hardly any fat, light squirts cream, 30 cals for 2tablespoons and strawberries or raspberries...yum!
  • shanetyas
    shanetyas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well i recommend looking into Rockmelon, its apparently unreal for weight loss and it tastes great

http://www.great-workout.com/nutrition/fruit/rockmelon-nutrition-facts.cfm

lets get this post cracking ASAP

maybe rockmelon and something else?
  • sarnoldm
    sarnoldm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Also, a mini twister ice cream is only 45 calories :-)
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If I have cravings, I try to make a cup of tea. I don't have sugar in mine, but I have several flavours and it's low calorie (I have milk)

Madame Flavour does some lovely teas, my favourite is the pear and jasmine one. I also usually have a mint, and a chai one but it's kind of fun picking the different flavours out, it's almost like a treat itself :)
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    i have this same problem! i satisfy my sweet tooth with 200 g of low fat yogurt mixed with 100 g of blueberries... then i leave itvin the freezer for about 2 hrs and volia... beautiful nutritious froyo! :) less then 200 calories.
  • shella_bella
    Options
    Just eat some dark chocolate.

I have dessert every single night & save calories for it.

Usually it's plain greek yoghurt + jell-o instant pudding/pie in cheesecake flavour + frozen mixed berries, thawed + whipped cream.

or right now I'm eating plain greek yoghurt + jell-o cheesecake + pumpkin pie spice + pumpkin powder (most people would use canned pumpkin pie mix) + whipped cream

though I bet the jell-o would be hard to find in the UK as I can't find it in Australia. Only reason I have it and the pumpkin powder is because my mom brought me some when she came out to visit me (from Canada)

other than that I just have small portions of real desserts. I don't see the problem with that!
  • fat2skinnyanne
    Options
    Often when fustrated with my studies . I go make custard! About 1 to 2 Tablespoons of custard powder bleneded with about a Tablespoon of skim milk to start with then add about three quarters to a cup of skim milk and add either sugar, stevia or honey to taste then simmer in saucepan on oven. Use a egg whisk to whisk the custard up as it thickens quickly or microwave it. Yum!!!

Sometimes I add a heaped Tablespoon of cocoa to it before the milk and it's devine!

Anne :happy:
  • Kannu55
    Kannu55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please visit this link for low carb desserts.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Low-Carb-Weightloss/354285474685364
  • MadameMC
    MadameMC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I make 3, 2, 1 cake. I think I found the recipe in one of the forums here on MFP. You take 2 cake mixes - one has to be angel food cake mix, and the other is your choice. You combine the two mixes and mix well before putting it in a storage container. Then whenever you want a little something sweet, you mix 3 tablespoons of the mix with 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 1 minute.

I made up a batch of this mix over a month ago, and I still have about 1/3 left. I mixed angel food with a sugar-free chocolate mix. Sometimes I like to add a little extra cocoa powder to it, or sprinkle some cinnamon on top. If I'm feeling really indulgent I'll add a tablespoon of chocolate chips to the mix before microwaving.

The stats you get per serving depend on what kind of mixes you use, but still it's not much. A box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix (white) mixed with a box of Betty Crocker SuperMoist Dark Chocolate Mix makes 20 servings of 3,2,1 Cake at only 164 Calories and 37 Carbs per serving.
  • bonnie_w
    bonnie_w Posts: 22
    Options
    2 ingredient dessert

1 box angel food cake mix and one 20 -22 oz can of your choice pie filling mix together and pour in a 13x9 ungreased pan and bake 28-30 min
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Cup measures are widely available here in the U.K. (also half and quarter, they usually come as a set) I think I got mine from M&S but places like Lakeland see them online or even eBay. I could'nt manage without mine, a whole cup is 250mls, same as Australia.
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    As for desert cravings a recipe I got from Pinterest, dip fresh strawberries into Vanilla Greek Yoghurt (0% fat ) and place in the freezer until yoghurt is set , very low on calories (eat 3 or 4 at a time) and satisfy the sweet tooth. I also eat Shape Greek Style Lemon Yoghurt just lovely as NOT too sweet.Greek Style plain yoghurt mixed in a blender or with a stick blender with a sachet of options(or similar) hot chocolate mix add sweetner if necessary, the list is endless.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Oh. I've got one for this. It's so good, it counts as a dang vegetable serving.

120 calories

Sweet potato cream pie filling:

Take two fat, round sweet potatoes. Poke with fork and place on a paper towel in the microwave. Microwave 8 minutes, then turn over and repeat. Microwave until the potato is kind of soft when you press down with your fingers.

Peel the thick skin layer off with your fingers (careful, it's hot!). Mash the potatoes. Add two or three packets of Truvia sweetener, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice to taste.

Serve 1/2 cup (90 calories) slightly warm, top it with 3 tablespoons of light cool whip (30 calories). Tastes amazing!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have YooMoo frozen yoghurts - lots of lovely flavours and all around 150 - 160 calories.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    M and S fruit jelly - only 90 calories. You can make your own (from veggie jelly mix) but the down side of that for me is being unable to resist slurping the whole thing down at once ;-)
  • feebz36
    feebz36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    certain biscuits, like kit kats, triples, and gold bars are around the 100cal mark. The wee kiddy sized chocolate bars like cadbury dairy milk, or a wee milky bar is 130-odd cals. If you want to go all out, there are chocolate bars around the 200cal mark like frys turkish delight and frys creme (plain, orange and mint). If I really want a naughty desert though, I just do a wee bit extra exercise :)
  • chardi7
    chardi7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and cottage cheese
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Protein Mug Cake (loads of recipes out there). Sweet and protein helps with feeling hungry.