New to Boards: Female, 270 lbs, 5'6, 49 years :)

Options
Greetings Friends,

I am so happy to be here! A coworker told me about this website and I am thrilled. The food diary is really giving me a lot of awareness. I am eating a lot of sodium and sugar, so I will work to lower the numbers.

I have also recently joined TOPS for accountability and support. And, I am a member of LA Fitness where I am suppose to attend water aerobics three times a week--I working to get back into this.

Because I live alone and often too tired to cook, i rely on Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and Lean Quisines for lunch. For dinner I will start eating a cup of brown rice with chicken and steamed broccolie and salsa as suggested by my coworker. I rarely eat snacks but bought pre-packaged apple slices with peanutbutter and pre-packaged mini veggie tray.

I have been over 270 pounds since 2000. My goal weight is 160 pounds. This is my plan--all the elements are in place, it is time for action!

Replies

• todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for you! Make some friends to keep you motivated and to help with accountability . I started my weight loss journey weighing about the same , so I can totally relate! Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck :)
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK.:flowerforyou:
  • elliev30
    elliev30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can do it.. just give yourself time to adjust to better eating and once you see the weight dropping and start feeling better... you won't want to go back . GOOD LUCK !!!!:happy: :happy:
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I only started on MFP in December 2012, so fairly new myself. I started off just a little less weight than you. I had lost some before I found this site, but have been going strong since.
    It sounds like you have all your ducks in a row to be sucessful. Now you just have to change your lif estyle so that it becomes natural. Remember the experts say it takes about 6 weeks to change a habit. So don't get down on yourself if you struggle at first, before you know it, eating right and exercising will come natural. I am still waiting for the exercise to come natural for me. lol
    Feel free to add me.
    Best of Luck,