Has anyone tried Rasberry ketone ?

Options
I am wondering if anyone has tried Rasberry Ketones and achieved some good results with it ? Did you see any side effects ?

Please share your experience.. Thanks !!!

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    No. Waste of time. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    No, but I've tried healthy eating and exercise and that's working wonders.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Don't use any tablets... Do it by yourself :smile: You can do it!
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Dr OZ
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My mom tried them. She said they did absolutely jack.
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have tried so much but weight is not shifting.. so wanting to help with weight loss for few months so kick start the weight loss...
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    DNP is a pretty effective fat burner but not to sure on how safe/legal it is

diet and exercise, its a ***** but somebody has to to do it!
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You take those tablets for two weeks, and then they boost your metabolism, guess its some kind of build up effect. What ever chemicals are in those, are building up inside you before they work... not only is that gross, but exercise boosts your metabolism immediately. So save yourself the money, and the potential risk of developing god only knows what from whats in them, and kick start your metabolism the natural and immediate way :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have tried so much but weight is not shifting.. so wanting to help with weight loss for few months so kick start the weight loss...

You have tried so much?

But yet your diary is empty, and on top of that you have your calorie intake set at 1000? Have you tried maybe using MFP the way it is supposed to be used?
  • MarciL1571
    Options
    i did. couldnt continue due to the increased hot flashes it created. wow!
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

You have tried so much?

But yet your diary is empty, and on top of that you have your calorie intake set at 1000? Have you tried maybe using MFP the way it is supposed to be used?

thissssss!
  • Eyestrain
    Eyestrain Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a month and didn't see any results :(
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    DNP is a pretty effective fat burner but not to sure on how safe/legal it is

diet and exercise, its a ***** but somebody has to to do it!
    Do not touch DNP unless you fancy having a heart attack.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Are you going to keep creating threads about the same thing until you here the answer you want??
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hear that there is a lot wrong with Dr Oz products, and that they're very persistent with customers, and that they have been marketing their products on forums about eating disorders.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if anyone has tried Rasberry Ketones and achieved some good results with it ? Did you see any side effects ?

Please share your experience.. Thanks !!!

No, but Ive tried running. Eventually got up to 9-12 miles a week. Great results. The only side effect was that I lost weight.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    yes I have tried it. you have to take it 30-45 minuets before each meal and drink water. I didn't lose any weight with it though.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There's a website you can use where you log your food and set a sensible weight loss goal and therefore a daily calorie amount that is sustainable - it's called MyFitnessPal.

Seriously - it does work but you have to be patient and dedicated. Please make a fresh start.

Looking for a miracle cure or "kickstart" is just pointless.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just to provide some information and correct some misinformation. First and foremost - Weight Loss and Healthy Living is 80% Food and 20% Exercise. Your primary results will come from focusing on these first!

Research any product before you purchase, let alone ingest!

For ANY supplement:
    Always, never expect a “miracle in a bottle”!
    This can lead to disappointment, and disappointment is the killer of weight-loss! Keep expectations in check with a realistic outlook. Results always vary and are usually of a small percentage (which may over time contribute to slightly better results).
    There are supplements that can "help" the body perform functions it should already be performing, like taking Vitamin D to help absorb calcium (you still have to consume calcium for the Vitamin D to do anything). That does NOT mean that you can just take a pill and lose 50 lbs and gain muscle – you still need to make better food choices and exercise for sustained changes.

How Raspberry Ketones are supposed to work:
    Raspberry Ketones are made 100% from raspberries (ketones are the primary “aroma” compound of raspberries – it’s what gives raspberries their distinctive smell) and currently have no side effects. Raspberry Ketones are supposed to work by essentially tricking the body into thinking it’s thin by increasing the levels of a hormone known as Adiponectin. The Ketones have been shown to increase both the expression and the secretion of Adiponectin, an Adipocytokine (cell-to-cell signaling protein) mainly expressed and secreted by Adipose tissue (the tissue that stores fat). Adiponectin levels can also be increased in the body by consuming Omega-3 fatty acids (such as Eicosapentanoic Acid (EPA). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20425690

So far the only studies concerning Raspberry Ketones are with mice. In the studies the Ketones increased secretion of Adiponectin, and appeared to prevent fat gain and increased fat oxidation (burning).

The Adiponectin protein hormone is involved in a number of metabolic processes, such as glucose regulation and the metabolism of fat for energy production. Levels of Adiponectin are inversely correlated with body mass index (BMI). Basically, thinner people have higher levels of Adiponectin than obese people. This hormone also seems to play a role in helping to stave off or ameliorate disorders such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), inflammation, and what has come to be known as Metabolic Syndrome.

Unfortunately, when a person becomes obese the hormone levels drop or becomes “sluggish” because of all the fat it is trying to burn. Essentially, being overweight is exhausting your metabolism. When active the Adiponectin causes fat cells to release their fat and shrink (much like a deflated balloon). Raspberry Ketones are suppose to stimulate the adiponectin thereby boosting metabolism, burning the stored white fat cells, as well as decreasing blood sugar through increasing the release of insulin.

“Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine have established in an animal model that the hormone adiponectin secreted by fat tissue acts in the brain to reduce body weight. In contrast to leptin, a related hormone, adiponectin can cause weight loss by raising metabolic rate while not affecting appetite. ...

When adiponectin, which is involved in glucose and lipid metabolism, was introduced into the cerebrospinal fluid of normal mice, they showed no changes in food intake, but their metabolism rose. "The animal burns off more calories, so over time loses weight, which was very fascinating because we knew that leptin caused weight loss by suppressing appetite and increasing metabolic rate," explains [lead author Rexford] Ahima. "Here we have another fat hormone that can cause weight loss but without affecting intake."

For many dieters, it's easy, at first, to lose weight; but over time, it becomes more difficult because the body compensates, in part, by dropping its metabolic rate. "Adiponectin or its targets in the brain and other organs could be harnessed to sustain weight loss by maintaining a high metabolic rate," says Ahima. "This is only a possibility. We're not suggesting at this point that adiponectin will become a drug." In severely obese mice, adiponectin rapidly decreases blood glucose and lipids, while burning fat. Hence, adiponectin could be beneficial in the treatment of diabetes and heart disease associated with obesity.”

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/04/040422224153.htm

Some other studies are showing that women with Alzheimers Dementia and Elderly men with Osteoporosis have increased levels of Adiponectin. It is believed that this occurs if the body becomes hormone resistant to Adiponectin, but further research is needed.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111101171036.htm

Why not just eat raspberries?
    Because for every 1 kg of raspberry only 1-4mg (depending on the harvest) of Ketones are extracted. You would have to eat 90-500 lbs of raspberries to get 250mg of ketones.

Recommended Dosage:
    There is no real recommended dosage. It ranges from 100-500mg per day. There are also capsules that are made from Raspberry Extract (instead of Ketones) which yield minimum Adiponectin increasing properties. The extracts will appear as brownish-red powder as opposed to a white powder. Pure Raspberry Ketones will be white in color.

Summary
    Essentially, you are trying to consume a concentrated food that may increase the Adiponectin level, but by how much is still unknown.

Other nutrition-related tactics to up this fat-burning hormone include:
    • Make protein a priority. Eating adequate lean protein from lean meat, chicken, fish, beans, peas, legumes and whole grains because hormones are made from protein.
    • More Omega-3 please. Increasing the amount of omega-3 fatty acids in your day by choosing fatty fish, walnuts or almonds, and flax or chia seeds. It is also important to watch your intake of omega-6 fatty acids from corn, soybean and safflower oils.
    • Drink coffee! Coffee drinkers who drank 1-2 cups (6-12oz) of coffee per day had the highest levels of adiponectin among coffee and non-coffee drinkers.
    • Move more. 40 plus minutes of aerobic, heart pumping exercises, like brisk walking, jogging, biking climbing stairs, jumping rope, dancing, or swimming, per day, at least 4 times per week also will encourage the body to make more adiponectin.
    http://onesource4wellness.com/2012/11/20/raspberry-ketones-fab-or-fad/

Dr. Oz (where a lot of supplement attention comes from lately):
    Dr. Oz does not endorse or produce any products. Anything with his name or picture on it is being used without authorization - so you don't want to buy those. Dr. Oz does not promote any specific products and does not make money from selling products - he makes money from advertising slots based on number of viewers just like every other talk show. He continually talks about weight loss and labels too many products with hype inducing names like "miracle in a bottle". That does not negate the actual product but does tarnish his name/show as over promoting these products to gain larger viewership. Just like local news stations will hype the ‘What’s killing your kids? Tune in at 7 to find out!’ Dr. Oz uses key phrases and sensationalism to grow and keep a large audience base.
    Dr. Oz has a link for reporting any products or companies that are using his name or picture here: http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/mehmet-oz-md/my-name-profit-not-anymore

Normal disclaimer:
    There are no indications of any harmful side effects. As a precaution: The supplement is new, and there is no research on its effects on children. Therefore young people under the age of 18 and pregnant or breast feeding women should not take this supplement. You also shouldn’t take this if you have an allergy to raspberries.

Again: Research any product before you purchase, let alone ingest!

No! I do not sell anything myself, I just did my own research on it when I heard about it. Weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. Eating healthy will always have a greater impact than any supplement (except maybe crack cocaine or meth). Something like this may provide only fractions of a percentage towards weight loss - and sometimes those small percentages add up over time. You have to balance cost vs possible results vs possible disappointment if you expect too much from it.